IF YOU HAVE A GOOD SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS !

Let us know what you'd like to see in the next version of SplitCam. Also if you have any idea for SplitCam Software, write about it here.
Fortra
Profi User

Re: IF YOU HAVE A GOOD SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS !

Post by Fortra » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:24 am

@ pmilliken,

Let me see if I can simplify what your suggested idea is about in your post above.

How about this idea. What if we were to have a custom save capture (CSC) feature. While in desktop capture mode. The purpose of this feature is so you can SAVE / LOAD (backup) those configuration setting with in your own custom folder. Basically create your own parameters lists of custom save capture (CSC) setting file, that you can use.

It would be a lot easier to drag-to-resize the capture size area you want. Other than doing it with coordinates/dimensions like you mentioned above.

This is just a suggested sample picture of an idea see attachment.
Attachments
CSC.jpg
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF
YOUR QUESTIONS ON HERE... BY USING THE BRIGHTLY
LIT AND NOTICEABLE (POST REPLY) GREEN BUTTON
FOLLOW ARROW DIRECTION BELOW.

<|==<<<

philpav
User

Post by philpav » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi,

I'd like the possibility to capture the mouse cursor when using the desktop as source.

Maybe the feature is already implemented but I couldn't find a setting.

Kind regards

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:39 pm

However, you may have some spare time you could find a simple solution that will benefit your own pc layout desktop set up, and working environment, to make it easier for yourself.
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF

<|==<<<

SK2_Guy
User

Post by SK2_Guy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:08 am

May I suggest when in PIP mode, a button to swap sources for main screen and PIP screen.

[using version 4.5.6.0 on 32 bit win 7]

macafe
User

Post by macafe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Fortra wrote:SUGGESTIONS OR AN IDEA YOU'LL LIKE TO SEE ADDED TO SPLITCAM. TO MAKE SPLITCAM BETTER THAN ANY OTHER SIMILAR PROGRAM.

seria importante que Splitcam guarde la configuración que se predetermine en los campos de resolución y cuadros por segundo, y tome esta configuración cada ves que se inicia la computadora o la aplicación.
ejemplo:
"campo resoluciones" 1024x768 4:3
"campo cuadros por segundo" 30fps

si selecciono este tipo de configuración sea esta la predeterminada hasta el momento que se decida modificara manualmente.

también considero que los menús "opciones", "efectos", entre otros, no deberían estar duplicados ya que en ellos se encuentra la misma información.

quiero seguir ayudando a mejorar la aplicación ya que es un potente programa y de todo mi agrado.

gracias y estaré atento

would be important to keep Splitcam predetermine the configuration in the fields of resolution and frames per second, and take this configuration each time the computer is started or the application.
eg
"Field resolutions" 1024x768 4:3
"Fps field" 30fps

if I select this configuration is that the default until the moment you decide to modify manually.

I also think that the menus "options", "effect", among others, should not be duplicated because in them is the same information.

I want to continue to help improve the application as it is a powerful program and my liking.

Thanks and I will be careful

golofans
User

Post by golofans » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Can you put plugins with splitcam

Example

ebythomas
User

Post by ebythomas » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:53 am

@Fortra
Please add such features for comming versions...
I trust in Free and Opensource Softwares (FOSS)
So Please make a version of Linux(Ubuntu) too

I AM PENNILESS :(

lordscales91
User

Post by lordscales91 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:03 pm

I downloaded this software even when I don't have a webcam, that's because I am interested in the Live Screencasting feature, also maybe some day buy a webcam and start using the other cool effects and option that are available there, however right now what I would like is some cursors effects, the possibility of use custom cursors. But in first place why the cursor isn't displayed? When the playback is on, the cursor starts flashing and is not visible in the final result, at least I will be thankful if you start by fixing that problem.

Also should be interesting the possibility of capturing system audio.

splitcamguy
User

Post by splitcamguy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi. I have just used your splitcam. So far so good but it does keep shutting down unexpectedly, especially when I go to load a new video file. A couple of times the program shut down. But I will go to other forum thread to discuss that. I do want to thou give you some suggestions about split cam. I have been a another splitter user for a while and I found the User Interface very good. So I shall suggest some features of another splitter I liked to you guys.

1. Make the UI smaller, you have a lot of wasted space. A smaller UI is good. It takes up more than half my screen size which sucks, and make it size adjustable to a degree, not too big or too small.

2. Make the preview pane adjustable (or whatever you call it, the pane where you can see what your streaming). I suggest maybe 240 X 320 as a minimum, 480 X 620 max? and anything in between?

3. Make the toolbar/player controls/media selection and settings in a detachable bar so it can be positioned out of the way. Make it not too big, but not too small. Also make it so it can be easily attached back to main UI or detached.

4. Have a 'X' placed alongside all media selections so we can delete without that annoying drop-down menu asking 'selected' or 'all' eg
(blah blah video title.mp4 X)

5. Have a "Pause All Media" button near the viewing pane which when activated pauses the current playing media, whatever that maybe.

6. Have a "loop cue point from A to B" function so you can loop a certain part of a media file eg say you have a 5 minute video but you want to loop only the time from 1 min in to the 3rd minute.

7. Have some popular effects buttons handy on the UI without actually having to go into effects to look for them for eg...flip image horizontally, flip image vertically are two I can think of that would be handy to have nearby.

8. Make splitcam able to play all popular video media types, FLV, MP4, AVI, DivX, Xvid, MPeg2, DVD, are some of the types I use on my PC. I'm sure other users would be able to suggest more.

9. Also the ability to play and stream DVD's that are in my PC's DVD drive and to be able to play a music CD whilst streaming an image would be awesome too.

10. There is a noticeable pause when the media loops. The time needs to be quicker.

11. The ability to switch between alternate media streams would be a good feature. Say you pre-load one video file on player 1, the pre-load another on player 2 then been able to switch between them seamlessly, like Vidblaster. (In the future you could make a premium product that can have more than 2 players capability)

12. When you click on media sources say videos for example, make the contents of the folder appear in the UI not as a seperate folder and make it so you can adjust the size of the folder your searching for so it doesnt get in the way of what your doing. Helpful for us people with laptops with small screen sizes.

I think that is all I can think of at the moment. I hope you find some of my suggestions useful. Cheers

splitcamguy
User

Post by splitcamguy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:43 pm

Just one thing I forgot to mention in my suggestion for the "pause all media" button. When you activate that button the media still runs but a black screen appears and blocks out the image. This is useful say if you want to not let someone see something in particular like say your picking your nose...lol And when you unpause it the black screen dissapears but the media is still running and the image re-appears.

Nik
User

Post by Nik » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:32 pm

While i was messing around with the "Text" effects i got a simple idea - how about a way to use Winamp's "Now Playing" feature to dynamically insert the name of the song that's currently playing in Winamp. I'm sure DJ's hosting a live stream events would love such a feature.

It should be usable with a specific string, for example %NowPlaying%. This should make it possible to add other similar dynamic-string features like weather, news feed (RSS) etc.

mario72
User

Post by mario72 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi there,

More "Studio-Like"

I have some Ideas for a new Version.

1. It would be cool to have some things like BoinX or another splitter have:
I would like to use SplitCam as a "Live Studio Tool" for google+ Hangouts.
I would like to have the option to pre-work in small windows, so when I click on one Window it starts the contained movie/animation/screen, what ever the source is, and when its finished it comes back to my main-window setup.
I made a example-picture here:
http://www.bricktrick.de/SplitCam-Idea.jpg
(I know it is the another splitter GUI, but if needed, I would be able tocreate/design a specific Studio-GUI for Spiltcam. It´s only to show what I meant above)

It should be possible to scale and postioning the camera, because in the actual version one have to do it "real" on Set. Means, I have to sit 3 meters away from the cam to get me in the right scale.

I the actual Beta Version it is not possible to put an Intro-Video or Ending/Outro-Video. I think it could be a cool thing!

---
If you are interested in more "Studio"-Ideas, I will/can post them here.
I have many more Ideas for what a "Studio"-Version should be able to to.
If you are not interested in following those Ideas, just delete this topic.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:50 am

@ mario72,

Your posted idea was only moved here!

<|==<<<

abacca
User

Post by abacca » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:05 am

Many of us have old pc and Splitcam (as other products) use too much cpu as 35%

is possible to release a version without all feature (no rec, no filter, no load image... ecc.) as a webcam driver, to split webcam with many application? a SPLITCAM LIGHT version?

thanks

[email protected]

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:27 pm

@ abacca,

The answer to that question is NO!

<|==<<<