Nothing but green screen

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
swstomp71
User

Nothing but green screen

Post by swstomp71 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Hello,

I am using Splitcam vs 8.1 and OBS software for green screen presentations. In Splitcam when I go to Sources > Desktop > Select area on desktop to capture, my webcam goes out. I get the little transparent gray box from Splitcam and I can put that over top the image in OBS I want broadcasted in Skype or Blue Jeans. I have to go back to Sources > Webcam to select my webcam but all that is being broadcasted in Skype/Blue Jeans is my video with the green screen curtain and NOT the desktop image I selected. I need help resolving this ASAP as I am preparing to pitch green screen facilitation to my boss.

Thank you.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Re: Nothing but green screen

Post by vicul » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:28 am

I am using Splitcam vs 8.1 and OBS software for green screen presentations.
I hope you don't use them together.
In Splitcam when I go to Sources > Desktop > Select area on desktop to capture, my webcam goes out
It's right, you can select only one video source.
I can put that over top the image in OBS I want broadcasted in Skype or Blue Jeans.
Why do you use OBS for it? Splitcam allows you to do it via Source/Image.
I want broadcasted in Skype or Blue Jeans.
See the tutorial here:
http://splitcamera.com/helpims/help_toc.html
SplitCam Team

swstomp71
User

Post by swstomp71 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:14 pm

Thanks for your reply. Other people in my organization are using both OBS and Splitcam to facilitate. OBS is needed to create the different scenes that will be transitioned throughout our presentation. One scene could be an intro video that we have queued up, the next could be a power point, the next scene could be a website tool that we need to show in real time, during all of this they can still see us on camera in front of whatever image we have green screened in the background. You're telling me Splitcam can do ALL of that and be able to broadcast via Blue Jeans and/or Skype? We use Blue Jeans more than Skype for Business. Skype would be our plan B if needed.

I just want to know how my colleagues were able to accomplish using OBS and Splitcam together as it was presented to us. I did reach out to my colleague but he's on vacation this week and will be busy facilitating next week so he's out of pocket. I need to present my pitch this coming Thursday. Can you help me?

swstomp71
User

Post by swstomp71 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:44 pm

I figured it out. You're right. Only one source at a time cab be picked. Thank you.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:37 am

Splitcam can do ALL of that and be able to broadcast via Blue Jeans and/or Skype?
I don't have an account in BJ and getting their trial account is not right for our future work. But I don't think that you will have any problem there. Splitcam settings are the same for all software. Any case, Splitcam is free software and you can test Splitcam & BJ yourself.

Here I show you how to set a Splitcam connect to Skype.

1. Run Splitcam and select your video source by the button Sources.
2. Run Skype and open the Tools\Options.
3. Select the section Video settings and in the Select webcam box select one of Splitcam drivers: Splitcam Video Drivers or Splitcam Video Filters. These are the same drivers, but one works in the kernel mode, the second - in user mode.
4. You will see Splitcam video in the control window of Skype.
5. Click on the Save button.
6. Spltcam & Skype are ready for work.
I just want to know how my colleagues were able to accomplish using OBS and Splitcam together
Ok. You can use Splitcam & OBS for the following scenario:

Splitcam -> OBS

Here only Splitcam can be a source for OBS. For Splitcam connect:

1. Run Splitcam and select your video source by the button Sources.
2. Run OBS and in the Source add Video Capture Device.
3. In their Properties window using the field Device select the Splitcam driver: Splitcam Video Drivers.
4. Press Ok, you see Spltcam video in the OBS window.
5. It's all

OBS is a life stream tool (via RTMP). Splitcam also has that feature (Broadcast button) and can stream to TV servers:

1. Twitch
2. Livestream
3. Facebook
4. Youtube

You can find those servers in OBS too. But OBS does it better than Splitcam, because it uses hardware of video card.
At the moment we are working on it. I hope to make it in the next Splitcam version.
SplitCam Team