Will Splitcam Stream To the Web?

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
abrogard
User

Will Splitcam Stream To the Web?

Post by abrogard » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:51 pm

Can I access my webcam from the internet via Splitcam?

I do not mean via Skype or other such software that I would have to run at both ends, here and on the web elsewhere.

And I don't mean via a web based server somewhere standing between us.

I mean by using the URL of my computer or perhaps the URL of my computer plus a port number.

I think I used to be able to do it one time with Yawcam but Yawcam won't work on my computer nowadays, I don't know why.

This looks like a good prog but I just need it to do that. Let me look at my own webcam when I'm away. Using it like a security camera, see?

vicul
Forum Moderator

Re: Will Splitcam Stream To the Web?

Post by vicul » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:27 am

Hi,

this is not simple task. If you want that access, then you need to have on you PC the followings: a public IP (usually ISP offers only private),
web server and video software on it. This is difficult for release.

I offer you to consider another solution using Splitcam - Broadcast (live stream) on tv server.
Splitcam can direct stream to Twitch.tv, Livestream.com, facebook and youtube.
When you broadcast on one of those servers, you get URL of your video from splitcam on that server.
So you have access to your webcam via internet.

For detail see SplitCam help:
Help\View help -> Splitcam overview -> Tools -> Broadcast
SplitCam Team

abrogard
User

Post by abrogard » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi, thanks.

Not so difficult. I have all these things. I run IIS.

I have IP cameras I can currently see from the web. I have a simple foscam you can see here: http://101.167.174.244:97 - user 'guest' pswd 'guest'.

So you can see I have a fixed IP and web server software.

I think I once had this feature with Yawcam but Yawcam won't work for me now, I don't know why.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:53 am

Sorry,
but Splitcam can help you only by using Broadcast method. I don't think that your feature will be in our near plans.
Most our users don't have public IPs. Now we must pay attention on the current problems of our users.
Perhaps, in the future, when we will have a lot of time, we will add this feature to Splitcam.
SplitCam Team

abrogard
User

Post by abrogard » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:30 pm

HI.. well thank you for that. I'll just wait and hope. And look for something else.

I don't understand the programming but it does seem to me that if you can stream to facebook etc then you would have already written the code that would make the cam stream available to anyone that came to that IP.

Not exactly, but in principle?

All you have to do is stream to a port and I'm thinking that's well within your abilities as programmers. You've already written a very good and clever programme.

You can see here what I'm talking in this Yawcam page:

[]

The same with backlighting, too, I'd think. Not hard for you guys to programme, just something you didn't think of.

But it is years since i was a programmer and I never was that good and I didn't programme that kind of prog, either. So maybe I"m wrong. No offence. Just saying how I see it.

regards,

ab

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:13 am

@ abrogard

1. Once again, we cannot release that feature because it needs only for few number of users. I remember you that Splitcam is a free software for our users, but it isn't for us and our sponsors. So high priority tasks are sponsors tasks. Sorry, but sometimes our team must get money for its work.

2. Broadcast to facebook and other sites and creating video web site are different technologies

3. The backlight effect will be in the next version of Splitcam.

4. If you, as a programmer, know how to make it, please write this program and do it freeware for all users.

5. Please, don't specify URLs of other software. This forum is ONLY for Splitcam.

6. At this moment we can offer you to use Broadcast for your tasks. Any case you can find another software using Google.

Good luck.
SplitCam Team