No video since 29th April

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
bgb1953
User

No video since 29th April

Post by bgb1953 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:07 pm

I have a problem which started last saturday. Suddenly my Logitech HD Pro C920 stopped working with Splitcam, only showing a black screen. It has worked fine before that, using Splitcam v7.5.1.4. The camera still works in Skype and Logitechs own camera software so I know its not a camera or driver issue.

There were no updates to my computer around that time and I have made no hardware adjustments or driver updates.

To check, yesterday, I was able to roll back my computer to last wednesday, before this issue appeared. Splitcam worked fine then. But today I fired up the program and the problem is there again. I also tried a friends webcam but with the same result, the cam is recognised but no picture.

I thought that upgrading to the latest version would help so I installed v7.6.1.7 but the result is the same, a black screen.

One thing I noticed is that when I select resolution say 800x600, the screen comes up and says the resolution is 640x480. If I change the resolution again it always shows the resolution I previously selected, not the resolution that is currently selected.

My OS is the latest windows 10 64Bit fully updated

What can I do? Any help would be welcome!

sophieB
User

Re: No video since 29th April

Post by sophieB » Wed May 03, 2017 3:55 am

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem...

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Wed May 03, 2017 5:35 am

Hi Guys!

I understood that you told about the last MS update - Windows 10 Creator Update 1703.

You are right we have an issue after that Update.

At the moment we are working on it. Now I can offer you one of the following ways:

1. We meet this problem if a camera is working only via H264. If it's possible, try to find a cam working via RGB, for Logitech this is c1xx - c910.

2. Roll back OS on the old settings, before that Update. I recommend don't set the Windows 10 Creator Update 1703 and wait for a stable copy.

Thank you for understanding,
Victor

ps.For @sophieB :
What camera do you use?
SplitCam Team

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Thu May 04, 2017 1:01 pm

SplitCam Team