Windows 10 and SplitCam

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
minero
User

Windows 10 and SplitCam

Post by minero » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:17 am

I just upgraded to Windows 10. I have SplitCam 7.4.4.1. Before the upgrade it worked fine. Now it doesn't seem to be transmitting anything. I tried two sites. Both work with the native Logitech Webcam Software. I unloaded this software and restarted SplitCam and it shows me in the window, so it was connected properly to my webcam (Logitech Pro 9000), but nothing gets transmitted to the web site. I haven't changed any configuration settings since it worked under Windows 7. Any ideas?

vicul
Forum Moderator

Re: Windows 10 and SplitCam

Post by vicul » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:38 am

@minero

Splitcam has a driver for each OS. So if your OS was Win7, then splitcam set the driver for win7.
You have upgraded OS to Win10, then you should reinstall the program for set of the corrected driver for this OS.
SplitCam Team

minero
User

Post by minero » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:25 pm

I did uninstall/reinstall but still had problems, however I played around a bit with some Windows 10 privacy settings and the software does now seem to work, but not on every site. That indicates to me that the issue is not with SplitCam but with sites that haven't updated their software to work with Windows 10. In any, thanks, and you can close out this problem report.

For future reference, if others have similar issues, have them check two things: windows 10 camera privacy settings and the firewall settings in their antivirus software. I use BitDefender and it has specific controls giving permission to SplitCam.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:22 am

@minero

> the software does now seem to work, but not on every site.

Ok, test it here

1. Test with Adobe Flash
http://kvy.com.ua/my-flash-page/

2. Test with HTML5 (only for Firefox)
http://kvy.com.ua/webcam-test-html5/

By the way, what browser do you use by default, did you try to clean its caches and cookies?
Did you try MS Edge? This browser works with Splitcam 7.4.4.1 well.

I also would like to see your Splitcam log:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7413

>the firewall settings in their antivirus software

You are right - at first splitcam start the antivirus can block the output to Inet. Usually it asks you to permit the program to go across its firewall. You confirm this permit and the problem goes away.
We also had the issue with 360 Total. This antivirus removed splitcam.exe after installation. Usually all our exe/dll/sys files have a dual signing of CA and any antivirus must skip them, but not for 360 Total. The problem was resolved by my email to their support.

Victor
SplitCam Team

minero
User

Post by minero » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:10 pm

Thanks again. I use Firefox V 47.0.1. I tried both of the sites you suggest for testing and both work fine. As I said, I view this issue as closed.

I did notice one thing. When connecting, to the HTML5 site I am offered the choice of 4 video sources: Logitech Webcam Pro 9000, IP SplitCamera, SplitCam Video Driver, and SplitCam Video Filter. Of these, only the last two work and they appear superficially indistinguishable. On the sites I have tried that fail, I am given no choice, so maybe they are arbitrarily picking the wrong one, or possibly their HTML5 is not up-to-date.

I don't know which of SplitCam Video Driver or SplitCam Video Filter I should choose when offered the option. I have been picking the driver.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:38 am

>Logitech Webcam Pro 9000, IP SplitCamera, SplitCam Video Driver, and SplitCam Video Filte

1. Logitech Webcam Pro 9000

This is a driver of your webcam. If splitcam is running, then you cannot select that driver because that driver has been captured by splitcam or another app. If you wish to test only your webcam, then close those apps.

2. IP Split Camera

This is a driver for IP cameras. Splitcam set it for capture of their video. If you have not selected any IP camera in splitcam, then you will see a black screen on the test site.

3. SplitCam Video Driver and SplitCam Video Filter

These are the main drivers of splitcam. You should select them for capture of your video in chats/apps. The drivers work the same. Therefore you can select any of them. Why we give two drivers - because the SplitCam Video Driver works in the kernel mode and the SplitCam Video Filter is in the user mode. Some apps can have some problems in one of those modes, then the user will see only one of those drivers.
For example, MS Edge in Win10 x64, you will see only SplitCam Video Driver there.

ok,
let me know if you will need my help.

Victor
SplitCam Team

bgb1953
User

Windows 10 and SplitCam

Post by bgb1953 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:55 am

I have a problem with the latest version of Splitcam since the Win10 anniversary update.

SC works OK but after about 5-10 minutes it causes the windows camera service to use 30+% of CPU cycles. Shutting down SC lets that service return to normal. It makes SC unusable unfortunately as the cam slowly grinds to a halt. My camera is Logitech HD Pro C920, drivers are up date date.

The SC log shows normal operation thus:
==== [2016.08.14, 09:37:09.379 UTC] INFORMATION:

> Version: SplitCam 7.4.4.1
> Source: Webcam(Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920)
> Resolutions: 960x720
> Audio channel: No
> Audio device: No
> Audio file: No
> Video quality: Low (default)

==== [2016.08.14, 09:42:39.657 UTC] INFORMATION:

> SplitCam application finishes

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:35 pm

@bgb1953

what kind of service do you say? Details, please.
If it is possible, make me a screenshot by Task Manager.

Victor

PS, I tested splitcam with your parameters, splitcm worked normal for 15 min. Try to reset all parameters of C920 by default. For it use the Menu command: File/Video Config...
SplitCam Team

bgb1953
User

Post by bgb1953 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:39 pm

its a new service introduced with the new update,

it is explained here:

http://batcmd.com/windows/10/services/frameserver/

bgb1953
User

Post by bgb1953 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:47 pm

I reset the video configuration as you suggested, started SC which functions OK, but this service I mentioned just slowly increases CPU use until the cam freezes. After 10 mins the service is now taking up 20% of my CPU and still going up, SC its usual 10% or so.

Seems a conflict with the new service?

bgb1953
User

Post by bgb1953 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Notwithstanding my previous comments, there appears to be an issue with the latest Logitech software and drivers with the latest version of win10. I have installed the windows standard driver for the cam instead of the Logitech ones and all seems OK. So apologies, its not a sc issue it appears.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:33 am

ok,

we also use MS driver for Logitech and haven't had any problem.

Any case, we should test those drivers too,

thank you for info.
Victor
SplitCam Team

mavrinac
User

Windows 10 and SplitCam

Post by mavrinac » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:48 pm

I see the option for starting Splitcam with Windows. Is this the same as starting as a service? How do I configure Splitcam to use a specific camera when it starts with Windows?

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:16 am

@mavrinac

> Is this the same as starting as a service?

No, it isn't. The start will be after user login.

>How do I configure Splitcam to use a specific camera when it starts with Windows?

Try to use the Startup mode:

shell:startup

and the console command:

splitcam.exe -open w <webcam Nr> - open the webcam with number <webcam Nr>

For example (my case),
after start of Splitcam I have the following list of webcams in Sources/Webcam:

0. KVYcam Video Driver
1. Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910
2. Logitech HD Webcam C310
3. IP Splitcam

I wish that Splitcam will start for Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. This cam has the number 1. So my command will be, as a

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SplitCam\SplitCam.exe" -open w 1
For details see SplitCam Help:

Menu: Help/View help../Splitcam overview/Console commands

Victor
SplitCam Team