FMLE and SplitCam

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
joshuao3
User

FMLE and SplitCam

Post by joshuao3 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Hi everybody. I'm new to SplitCam, but have experience with other Cam Splitting softwares and Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2.

I'm trying to record the camera using FMLE and am running into a few problems that I'm hoping have an easy solution. When I install SplitCam, I see two devices that the driver creates: "SplitCam Video Driver" and "Broadcast SC Video Filter". When I open up the FMLE GUI both of these sources produce a preview. However, when I start recording to disk, and have chosen the SplitCam Video Driver" I get an out of memory error. I have PLENTY of memory, so I am thinking that the driver is not catching an error somewhere deeper in the code. If I change to the "Broadcast SC Video Filter" it works without crashing.

However, if I use the same settings but execute FMLE as a background process, I get the "Please wait while SplitCam starts up" message. Is there a practical reason why the software won't show the video feed if executed from a background process? And, is there a fix?

Thank you.

Josh

vicul
Forum Moderator

Re: FMLE and SplitCam

Post by vicul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:24 am

Hi Josh,

I tested Splitcam with FMLE, no any problem:

I recommend to do the followings:

1. Remove your Splitcam from PC.
2. Restart PC.
3. Download the last beta copy (6.5.1.5 version)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4937
4. Install it and restart PC
5. Try it with FMLE

Let me know if it will not work.

Victor
SplitCam Team

joshuao3
User

Post by joshuao3 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:30 am

Yes, it shows up in the preview, but when you try to save the stream to disk as an f4v is crashes. I'm on server 2008.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:54 am

joshuao3 wrote:but when you try to save the stream to disk as an f4v is crashes.

Do you mean about the option "Save to file", when you try to stream to a server?

joshuao3 wrote:I'm on server 2008.
Hm... we did not test for it, perhaps it will not work there. Our drivers are only for Win xp/vista/7/8.
Any case, try..

Victor
SplitCam Team

joshuao3
User

Post by joshuao3 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:40 am

Victor.

Yes, I mean the "Save to File" option.

On a side note, when the software is installed on Server 2008 sometimes it locks the profile of the person running it. In this instance, since I'm logged in as the Administrator, weird things happen with IIS. The first thing I noticed was that my code in ASP that accessed HKEY_CURRENT_USER subkeys was getting "Access Denied". Then when I tried to log into the box it was loading the Temp profile instead of the Admin profile because the admin profile was locked. I thought the box was just corrupted, so I reinstalled Windows Server 2008 and started over. It was a LOT of work. Everything was ok and then I tried to install SplitCam and guess what! The profile started getting locked again. I uninstalled it and things went back to normal. Very very odd, I know.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:09 am

I think that SplitCam on Win 2008 is not good idea, this OS is for servers.
The program must have a full access to its keys on Registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SplitCam

At the moment can SplitCam start on your server?
SplitCam Team

joshuao3
User

Post by joshuao3 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:20 am

Yes, it installed without any apparent issues. I was initially very impressed. It wasn't until I tried to record that it demonstrated a memory problem.

I've since uninstalled it since it caused the profile to become locked. When I installed it did leave one virtual cam on the machine. No biggie.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:08 am

ok, we can try to set it manually.

I would like you send me some screenshots:

1. SplitCam
2. FMLE, before start
3. Device Manager, as I shown here

If you wish, you can send me them in PM.

Victor
SplitCam Team

jorgetm
User

Post by jorgetm » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Hi there,
I am using splitcam with FMLE to stream into a videochat web page.
The web page I use streams in HD, using FMLE with an specific configuration: stream to a Media Flash Server. This means the web page take the image from FMLE with an authentication.
Everything works ok meanwhile FMLE take the image from the webcam. However when I use splitcam as video source for FMLE and click on "Start", FMLE immediatly close itself.
Somebody have any comments about this?
It looks like splitcam generates some kind of unstability for FMLE when media flash server is used.
How can I fix this?
Help me please.
Jorge Enrique

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:33 am

Hi Jorge,

thank you for the message.

I tested the last Splitcam copy (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7288) with FMLE 3.2. No problem, Splitcam & FMLE worked fine. See this sreenshot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51370580/FMLE.jpg

I broadcasted a stream from FMLE to livestream.com.

try to do the following operations:

1. Run FMLE

2. In Video/Device select SplitCam Video Filter or SplitCam Video Driver. After it FMLE calls SplitCam.

3. Panel Options -> Output

4. Check Stream to Flash Media Server

5. Enter URL of your server in FMS URL. Attention!!! That url must keep authentication parameters. For details, see doc of your server.

For my case livestream.com has the following URL

Code: Select all

rtmp://publish.livestream.com/mogulus/test_vicul/username=vicul/password=psw/isAutoLive=true/autoVOD=true/autoRecord=true/autoPilot=true/aspectWidth=16/aspectHeight=9 app=mogulus/test_vicul/username=vicul/password=psw/isAutoLive=true/autoVOD=true/autoRecord=true/autoPilot=true/aspectWidth=16/aspectHeight=9 tcurl=rtmp://publish.livestream.com/mogulus/test_vicul/username=vicul/password=psw/isAutoLive=true/autoVOD=true/autoRecord=true/autoPilot=true/aspectWidth=16/aspectHeight=9 swfUrl=rtmp://publish.livestream.com/mogulus/test_vicul/username=vicul/password=psw/isAutoLive=true/autoVOD=true/autoRecord=true/autoPilot=true/aspectWidth=16/aspectHeight=9 flashver=FFMPEG live=true
6. Press Connect. After it you should see a green indicator in the left below corner of FMLE.

7. Press Start. You will see a log:

Code: Select all

Fri Aug 22 2014 08:26:24 : Session Started
Fri Aug 22 2014 08:26:24 : Video Encoding Started 
Fri Aug 22 2014 08:26:25 : Audio Encoding Started 
8. The session started.

My OS: MS Win 8.1 64bit

Let me know if it doesn't work.

victor
SplitCam Team

jorgetm
User

Post by jorgetm » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Dear Victor,

Thank you for your useful cooperation.
Now I can stream but only using SplitCam Video Filter as the device. If I use SplitCam Video Driver FMLE closes itself immediately.

I tried to attach a wmv video to you to see what happens with FMLE using splitCam Video Driver but the extension wmv is not allowed to send files. How can I send you this video? Hope this will help you to improve the software. Maybe you can figure it out without my video!

Again, thanks alot! Your help was invaluable.

Best regards,

Jorge Enrique

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:23 am

Hi Jorge,
jorgetm wrote:If I use SplitCam Video Driver FMLE closes itself immediately.
You are right, there is a bug in FMLE: FMLE closes with the error message - Out of memory. I try to inform Adobe about it. But I don't think those guys will do anything for that. The last year we opened a ticket about their flash bug and this ticket has been still opened.

Do you broadcast a stream to your own server?
jorgetm wrote: I tried to attach a wmv video to you to see what happens with FMLE using splitCam Video Driver but the extension wmv is not allowed to send files.
Is this issue only for SplitCam Video Driver, or SplitCam Video Filter too?
jorgetm wrote: How can I send you this video?
you can send me the link in PM.

Regards,
Victor

PS,
your environment: OS, CPU, RAM, splitcam version?
SplitCam Team