New SplitCam AUDIO added - beta testing , from 28.04.2012

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

Re: SplitCam 5.4.5 beta testing

Post by SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:58 pm

CTRugger wrote:I downloaded Splitcam version 5.6.0 yesterday. I remarked in "Splitcam Support" Forum section the lack of audio with my video. Also the "Audio Source" selection in "File" drop-down on MAIN MENU bar is inactive. Subsequently I am I identified this support section relating to the beta version, available 2/21/2012 & desiganted "5.4.5" Does this mean my version is more current (i.e., 5.6.0)? Or should I uninstall & reinstall the beta version which may address my issue? Thanks for any assistance. My system configuration is: Nardware - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU [email protected] 2.8GHz; 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX; Windows Vista Home Premium/Service Pack 2; 32 Bit OS.
We had to roll back audio feature and working on it at the moment. Hope to make audio in future release.

SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

Re: SplitCam 5.4.5 beta testing

Post by SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:51 am

Today we made new beta version with Audio support

Please download it from http://www.splitcamera.com/SplitCamSetup_beta.exe and test. Audio should work properly. If some issues with audio please write us.
Thanks

Fortra
Profi User

Re: New SplitCam AUDIO added - beta testing , from 28.04.20

Post by Fortra » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:50 am

@ Users

P.S - The new beta installation was quick simple easy and painless no problems at all. If you get shown a popup dialog box.

Just hit continue with the installation if your using either XP / Vista / Win 7.
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF
YOUR QUESTIONS ON HERE... BY USING THE BRIGHTLY
LIT AND NOTICEABLE (POST REPLY) GREEN BUTTON
FOLLOW ARROW DIRECTION BELOW.

<|==<<<

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:27 am

IMPORTANT!

If your experiencing video loading problem when trying to play video with Windows default media player or using the K-Lite classic media player after you've installed the latest splitcam BETA version. The problem is due to the ffdshow audio filter for your media players.

You can fix that by downloading an updated version from the link below! There is available 32 & 64 bit.

http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/download.php
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF

<|==<<<

MenuBar
User

New SplitCam AUDIO added - is it a Signed Driver?

Post by MenuBar » Tue May 01, 2012 8:00 pm

I have SplitCam 5.4.6.0

Standby has hung on me a couple of times. Last time it did this, I figured it out, and found it to be due to unsigned drivers. I got rid of those, and problem fixed.

So I looked to see if there were any unsigned drivers now, and sure enough, I found some (below)

When I installed SplitCam, XP said there was an issue. No other programs I installed got that error message.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think the lv's are for my Logitech Vid cam

mbamchameleon is malwarebytes

I think splitcamaudio.sys must be the cause - because I've had the other programs for a while, and not had the Standby problem . . . but I don't know, just posting it here

Operating System
MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3
CPU
Intel Pentium 4 521
Prescott 90nm Technology
RAM
2.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 09F0h (XU1 PROCESSOR) 123 °F
Graphics
HP 2311 ([email protected])
512MB GeForce 8600 GT (Undefined) 108 °F
Hard Drives
156GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD160JJ (SATA) 90 °F
156GB Seagate ST3160815AS (SATA) 90 °F
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4166B
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

To Verify Unsigned Device Drivers

Start \ Run \ sigverif \ OK
Advanced \ [dot] Look for other files that are not digitally signed \ Look in this folder: Windows \ system32 \ drivers
Logging tab \ [check] Save the file signature verification results to a log file \ OK \ Start
Advanced \ Logging tab \ View log

You can move them from "system 32 \ drivers" to another folder you create (for backup purposes), ie:
C: \ Windows \ system32 unsigned drivers
Then Restart . . .

Take a look in the Device Manager and look for yellow exclamation points ... View \ Show hidden devices

Option 1: XP might auto-install a driver for you
Option 2: Look for updated drivers on your computer manufacturer's web site

Microsoft Signature Verification

Log file generated on 5/1/2012 at 3:27 PM
OS Platform: Windows 2000 (x86), Version: 5.1, Build: 2600, CSDVersion: Service Pack 3
Scan Results: Total Files: 353, Signed: 347, Unsigned: 6, Not Scanned: 0

User-specified search path: *.*
User-specified search pattern: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

File Modified Version Status Catalog Signed By
------------------ ------------ ----------- ------------ ----------- -------------------
[c:\windows\system32\drivers]
lvfal100.cfg 8/12/2011 None Not Signed N/A
lvfel100.cfg 8/12/2011 None Not Signed N/A
lvfel101.cfg 8/12/2011 None Not Signed N/A
lvfel102.cfg 8/12/2011 None Not Signed N/A
mbamchameleon.sys 1/17/2012 None Not Signed N/A
splitcamaudio.sys 8/25/2011 6.1.7600.16385 Not Signed N/A

Gtr679
User

Post by Gtr679 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:50 am

I have downloaded the SplitCam beta version.
I have some problem with an audio when I record videos with audio track. I'd need to record an internal sound for my music session, that would be fantastic, but It seems not possible for now. I tried to select an input source as the line/input of my audio interface. That's all right! The sound seems good but it have a very big latency. I submit an example file at this link
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... 3cAqOVDijE. You may see the problem better. Can you help me please? I like SplitCam. It is just a cool webcam software that give many common features one can desire. All It's free as well :P
This is my configuration:
Intel dual xeon on intel server motherboard
4 Gb Ram
Windows Xp Servicepack 3
Webcam Logitech HD C310
Soundcard external interface M-AUDIO Fastrack pro

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed May 02, 2012 5:08 am

@ Gtr679

Just a quick question for you. I'm curious to know if you can tell me. What are you using to capture the audio input, or are you using the logitech webcam builtin mic, or are you using a separate mic that is plugged into your external soundcard interface mic socket?

P.S - I have watched and listened carefully to your short video that you had recorded with splitcam there is a lag between the video and audio. However, there could be other factors that could also be causing the out-of-sync (lag) when recording.

<|==<<<

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed May 02, 2012 5:50 am

@ MenuBar,

You mentioned in your above post, that you've been having a problem when using the splitcam 5.4.6.0 released version of splitcam. When your system went into "STANDBY HUNG" in your words. Why not just turn the standby feature off then, or do(You mean it crashes a few times)?

Have you tried using the BETA version instead. This is a thread for those users that have decided to try and test the BETA out for themselves, so that they can report their findings.

BTW - you don't need post too much info about your system, just need the basic information!

1. OS (32/64bit)
2. CPU
3. RAM
4. Desktop or Laptop
5. MotherBoard builtin Audio or PCI SoundCard
6. Webcam type USB /DV Cam /TV card

All the other additional info stuff is useless not needed.

<|==<<<

Gtr679
User

Post by Gtr679 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:19 pm

I have a microphone integrated on my webcam, but in this moment capture an audio from mic is not important. That's seems run well. I need to record an audio track from my line-in interface card as you can see from the image in attachment to this post. It's really what I have made to record the video shared at skydrive link. I didn't use the microphone to record the sound. I have recorded it on the "Fastrack pro in 1/2".
Fortra wrote:@ Gtr679

Just a quick question for you. I'm curious to know if you can tell me. What are you using to capture the audio input, or are you using the logitech webcam builtin mic, or are you using a separate mic that is plugged into your external soundcard interface mic socket?
Attachments
Card configuration.JPG
Audio configuration.JPG

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed May 02, 2012 12:33 pm

@ Grt679,

OK thank you, if you have a look around on the forum you'll see a Topic thread called > AUDIO ISSUES WITH SPLITCAM. You may find some helpful tips in there! :wink:

P.S - For those users that don't know what is a M-Audio Fastrack Pro 1/2 device here is a youtube demo link below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPIYjbx5DbQ

<|==<<<

MenuBar
User

Post by MenuBar » Wed May 02, 2012 1:31 pm

To Fortra

. . . You mentioned in your above post, that you've been having a problem when using the splitcam 5.4.6.0 released version of splitcam. When your system went into "STANDBY HUNG" in your words.

Yes. When it works properly, the Standby sequence in XP is:

Start / Shutdown / Standby / you see the message in a small box, "Preparing to Standby," and then it clicks off into Standby

What I mean by when it hangs is that you see:

Start / Shutdown / Standby / you see the message in a small box, "Preparing to Standby," and nothing happens, it just stays there, it "hangs"

. . . Why not just turn the standby feature off then, or do(You mean it crashes a few times)?

I need to use Standby. My computer is set to record internet radio. The computer cannot be in the "Shut down" state, because then it can't wake up to record my program.

. . . Have you tried using the BETA version instead.

No

. . . This is a thread for those users that have decided to try and test the BETA out for themselves, so that they can report their findings.

This seemed like an appropriate place to post, because I have the latest version of SplitCam installed, and am asking if the Beta has a signed driver.

Unsigned drivers are known for causing Power option problems. When I installed SplitCam, XP gives you a message that this software has some issue, I forget what it is. Want to know if it's fixed in the Beta.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed May 02, 2012 1:47 pm

@ MenuBar,

To be honest with you, I don't know how your system is setup on your XP computer.

The only way to find out is to try it out! However I don't think splitcam won't work while in standby mode. I'll have to varify this properly though. Nope Splitcam won't work in standby (sleep mode) - sorry.

I don't know if it work or not. Sorry if thats not the answer you expected.

You have to understand there are millions of users out there with difference OS setups and configurations.

<|==<<<

MenuBar
User

Post by MenuBar » Wed May 02, 2012 2:53 pm

To Fortra

. . . I don't know how your system is setup on your XP computer.

There is nothing exotic. It's all standard, Win XP.

. . . I don't think splitcam won't work while in standby mode. I'll have to varify this properly though. Nope Splitcam won't work in standby (sleep mode) - sorry.

Of course - if the computer is in Standby, SplitCam won't work (Does it have any function or reason to bring the computer out of Standby? I don't think so. I use Replay AV, it brings it out of Standby to record internet radio for me at a certain time) - but that's not what I'm saying - The problem I'm bringing up here is that after SplitCam is installed, because it has an unsigned driver, that messes up XP's power states - and I think it might be behind causing my Standby function to occasionally hang, as described above.

An "unsigned" driver is one that has NOT been tested, approved, or have an electronic signature placed on it by Microsoft.

Windows 7 blocks all unsigned drivers:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/14563 ... annoyances

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed May 02, 2012 3:01 pm

@ MenuBar,

OK.

<|==<<<

Gtr679
User

Post by Gtr679 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:55 pm

OK, I'll try again. But I must tell you I've just checked that post. Maybe don't contain a right tip for me. I ask you: Can you do something for me, peraphs in the next new beta version? I forgot, if I try make videos with a webcam mic (External sound) the latency is the same. I provide the file in subject to you.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... UmHiilFBl8

Fortra wrote:@ Grt679,

OK thank you, if you have a look around on the forum you'll see a Topic thread called > AUDIO ISSUES WITH SPLITCAM. You may find some helpful tips in there! :wink:

P.S - For those users that don't know what is a M-Audio Fastrack Pro 1/2 device here is a youtube demo link below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPIYjbx5DbQ
Last edited by Gtr679 on Wed May 02, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.