Error with yahoo messenger: The camera is in use.

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
YourKinkySecret
User

Re: Error with yahoo messenger: The camera is in use.

Post by YourKinkySecret » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:31 pm

I ended up here googling for this exact problem, and unfortunately the last versions of YM and SplitCam don't fix it. In fact, I started out with the latest versions.

I also see that I need to explain the problem a little bit because I think most people don't realize YM has TWO ways of using the webcam, one works flawlessly with SplitCam, the other does not.

The first is one-on-one videochatting. This is configured in the "audio/video setup" wizard and it instantly finds SplitCam, no problem there.

The other one is the webcam broadcast. This is the culprit. Fortra mistakingly describes this feature as a way to tell your friends you even have a webcam. This is not the case. The whole friends-list configuration is only to configure who gets access to view your broadcast without asking for permission first. By default, everybody has to ask permission, but still it works for everyone. This has absolutely nothing to do with the problem.

The problem is that in the configuration of this broadcast webcam, which for some strange reason is completely separate from the audio/video setup,Splitcam is not recognized. Indeed you see the aforementioned "Microsoft WDM ImageCapture", but this only works when SplitCam isn't running. And if it works, SplitCam will report the camera is in use. In other words, this ImageCapture device accesses the webcam directly and not SplitCam.

I don't know why the webcam broadcaster lists different devices, and I also don't know if this ImageCapture thing is supposed to get its feed from SplitCam instead of the physical camera, but in any case it does not, and it is the only device available for selection. So something still needs to be fixed here.

I hope this clears things up. :)
YourKinkySecret
Performer on LiveJasmin

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:01 pm

I agree with you, it is something that YAHOO should look into themselves in that they should address it, since it is their software that has the TWO mode of video operation set-up that is a bit confusing nonetheless. I'm not sure what are the benefits any case with their software having that feature.
YourKinkySecret wrote:
I also see that I need to explain the problem a little bit because I think most people don't realize YM has TWO ways of using the webcam, one works flawlessly with SplitCam, the other does not.

The first is one-on-one videochatting. This is configured in the "audio/video setup" wizard and it instantly finds SplitCam, no problem there.

The other one is the webcam broadcast. This is the culprit. Fortra mistakingly describes this feature as a way to tell your friends you even have a webcam. This is not the case. The whole friends-list configuration is only to configure who gets access to view your broadcast without asking for permission first. By default, everybody has to ask permission, but still it works for everyone. This has absolutely nothing to do with the problem.

The problem is that in the configuration of this broadcast webcam, which for some strange reason is completely separate from the audio/video setup,Splitcam is not recognized. Indeed you see the aforementioned "Microsoft WDM ImageCapture", but this only works when SplitCam isn't running. And if it works, SplitCam will report the camera is in use. In other words, this ImageCapture device accesses the webcam directly and not SplitCam.

I don't know why the webcam broadcaster lists different devices, and I also don't know if this ImageCapture thing is supposed to get its feed from SplitCam instead of the physical camera, but in any case it does not, and it is the only device available for selection. So something still needs to be fixed here.

I hope this clears things up. :)
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF
YOUR QUESTIONS ON HERE... BY USING THE BRIGHTLY
LIT AND NOTICEABLE (POST REPLY) GREEN BUTTON
FOLLOW ARROW DIRECTION BELOW.

<|==<<<

YourKinkySecret
User

Post by YourKinkySecret » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:10 am

It does look like YM itself is the problem, but it seems to work with other camera splitters. Because some 'colleagues' of mine are happily performing on various sites while broadcasting on YM. I guess if Splitcam can't be bothered to look into this or really can't find what's wrong, it's time to look for another splitter. :)
YourKinkySecret
Performer on LiveJasmin

SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

Post by SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:24 pm

@YourKinkySecret

Can you try this new version of splitcam :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bogfzrc3yrd1c ... ewSkin.exe

And can you give me answer if its help you ?

YourKinkySecret
User

Post by YourKinkySecret » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:06 am

I'm travelling now but I'll give this a try soon, thanks!!
YourKinkySecret
Performer on LiveJasmin

YourKinkySecret
User

Post by YourKinkySecret » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Yep, it works! (Despite Windows complaining about an unsigned driver that will not work).

It introduces a new problem though, in the audio selection (not talking about YM but Splitcam itself). By default it starts with my webcam mic as source, which is good, but it echoes the microphone sound, no matter if I switch "hear yourself" on or off. When I try selecting another source and then selecting the camera mic again, there is no sound at all anymore (selecting SplitCam audio as source in other applications gives silence) until I fully exit and restart SplitCam. And then the echo is back. Unfortunately I need both microphone and speaker so this version, while fixing the YM problem, is not usable for me. :/ But I assume it's an unreleased beta and the real fix is on the way? :)
YourKinkySecret
Performer on LiveJasmin

Stiv
User

Post by Stiv » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:32 am

I just downloaded it
https://yumdownload.com/yahoo-messenger
Problems with this software didn`t arise, I have Windows 8 and the camera is connected correctly. I have been using it for several months and updated to the latest version. So I advise you to reinstall.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:52 pm

@Stiv

Thanks for your message,

Victor
SplitCam Team