Splitcamera Support Forum

Error with yahoo messenger: The camera is in use.

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !

Error with yahoo messenger: The camera is in use.

Postby Hellfire » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:41 am

Hello,

I installed the latest splitcam version and wanted to use it with yahoo messenger (latest version). I restarted my pc and started yahoo & splitcam.

If I click on "my webcam" on yahoo I can see the streamed video from splitcam.

If I want to start a video call the yahoo messenger gives me the error: "The camera is in use".

A colleague of mine told me to check the settings in yahoo. I can select Splitcam as camera source - that´s why I see the video in the yahoo webcam window. But if I click on "Video and voice" I don´t have a camera and a microphone (I really don´t have one).

Does anyone else has this prioblem and can give me a hint please ?

My colleague can call me but I only see his splitcam video and he does not see my video.

In Splitcam: if I click on File and Video config nothing happens.

Hellfire
Hellfire
User

Re: Error with yahoo messenger: The camera is in use.

Postby Hellfire » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:55 am

Second try:

I used "virtual pc" and an existing Windows XP installation. Same problem with windows xp. I hoped that there will not be the same issue like with windows 7.
Hellfire
User

Postby Fortra » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Hellfire wrote:Hello,

I installed the latest splitcam version and wanted to use it with yahoo messenger (latest version). I restarted my pc and started yahoo & splitcam.

If I click on "my webcam" on yahoo I can see the streamed video from splitcam.

If I want to start a video call the yahoo messenger gives me the error: "The camera is in use".

A colleague of mine told me to check the settings in yahoo. I can select Splitcam as camera source - that´s why I see the video in the yahoo webcam window. But if I click on "Video and voice" I don´t have a camera and a microphone (I really don´t have one).

Does anyone else has this prioblem and can give me a hint please ?

My colleague can call me but I only see his splitcam video and he does not see my video.

In Splitcam: if I click on File and Video config nothing happens.

Hellfire

May be you should ask them at yahoo messenger technical support. ;)
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF
YOUR QUESTIONS ON HERE... BY USING THE BRIGHTLY
LIT AND NOTICEABLE (POST REPLY) GREEN BUTTON
FOLLOW ARROW DIRECTION BELOW.

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:52 am

Hello

It's seems that something wrong with your system config. SplitCam can't cause "The camera is in use" error. This error generated by some other application.
Please try to reinstall SplitCam and Yahoo Messenger, after this make reboot, run SplitCam firstly, then Yahoo Messenger and after this make one more attempt.
SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

Postby Fortra » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:20 am

I have highlighted some of his text in RED from his post. He doesn't have a webcam. He hasn't given no system details at all.

I wonder why users install such video chatting messenger programs, if they can't be bothered to not even to have a cheap webcam and microphone? (most modern computer devices) nowadays have them built in (included).
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby aneesh19 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:33 am

Me also have the same problem with my yahoo messenger, i have problem with splitcam new version .. i can only use it to msn and skype and in my yahoo messenger it can't, it only appear color green.. i dont know why, :( i go to yahoo webcam preferences and the camera source it only appear this Microsoft WDM Image Capture (Win32), Version: 6.1.7600.16385
No splitcam. :(
my computer os windows7 x32bit
aneesh19
User

Postby Fortra » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:38 pm

aneesh19 wrote:Me also have the same problem with my yahoo messenger, i have problem with splitcam new version .. i can only use it to msn and skype and in my yahoo messenger it can't, it only appear color green.. i dont know why, :( i go to yahoo webcam preferences and the camera source it only appear this Microsoft WDM Image Capture (Win32), Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Here is some advice from me, if for any reason that either your messenger's client programs (MSN or Yahoo) fail to work properly because you've updated it, to the newest release due to a problem with either of them. Then you might as well downgrade to an earlier version of that messenger may be compatible, that is working and may even work better than the newer released messenger version! :wink:

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:43 pm

Hello when you try connect Splitcam to Yahoo msg go first to Yahoo , Click there on Messenger in MENU ( top left corner ) , after click to MY WEBCAM , in new window click on FILE and there click on PREFERENCES and next new window click on Camera Source , there choose SPLITCAM VIDEO CAPTURE and click OK , i hope now you will be see splitcam in yahoo ;-)

Also here you can see video guide how to use splitcam with yahoo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF1vgJCLAAE - Open with hd resolution to full screen and do step by step - exactly like in video !

Here you can see pics step by step how to choose splitcam in Yahoo msg : http://blog.splitcamera.com/2011/how-to ... ml#more-49

aneesh19 wrote:Me also have the same problem with my yahoo messenger, i have problem with splitcam new version .. i can only use it to msn and skype and in my yahoo messenger it can't, it only appear color green.. i dont know why, :( i go to yahoo webcam preferences and the camera source it only appear this Microsoft WDM Image Capture (Win32), Version: 6.1.7600.16385
SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

Postby ripping » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:43 am

Exactly the same problem as Aneesh19.
Selecting the cam is not an option in Camera Source with Yahoo Mess.
I have the latest version of Yahoo 11.0.0.2014-us.
The beta version of splitcam 5.4.4.
Splitcam has not worked with Yahoo since ver5.
Same problem with other laptop.
Old laptop XP-SP3 32bit (version 4.2 worked fine)
New laptop Win7-SP1 64bit.

I have watched the video, followed the steps in your previous message, and still it is not available.

However when I did try 'setup video and voice' under the help menu in Yahoo, the camera shows in that... but is still not available.
ripping
User

Postby Fortra » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi ripping,

What type of camera is it. I mean is it a DV camcorder, USB regular webcam, or is it digital picture camera that is connected to a tv capture card?

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby ripping » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Well, the camera isn't the issue, but i use a logitech webcam, a vid cam connected by firewire, and a built in webcam on laptop 2. All function as expected.
ripping
User

Postby Fortra » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:17 pm

So which one camera, that your having the problem with video & yahoo messenger with?

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby ripping » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:14 pm

they all work fine when using them directly. Splitcam does not show in yahoo. If I don't use splitcam, any camera attached is available in yahoo. If I do use splitcam, the splitcam driver does not show a
a selectable source.
ripping
User

Postby Fortra » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:18 am

This was done on a Win XP 32bit system using the splitcam beta version. The attached picture is the evidence that it works, as you can see for yourself.
Attachments
SplitCam&YahooMessenger.png

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby ripping » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:10 am

I'm glad for you that your software works on your system. However on (now) 4 systems I have tried (XP32 and Win7-64), splitcam does not work with yahoo. A picture of a working install is of little use to me.
ripping
User

Next

Return to SPLITCAM SUPPORT

User Menu

Login