Splitcamera Support Forum

AUDIO ISSUES WITH SPLITCAM

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !

Re: AUDIO ISSUES WITH SPLITCAM

Postby Fortra » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Miss Melanie wrote:I have splitcam, and can capture video from the webcam, but I cant capture sound. I dont know how to make this work. Ive adjusted my mic settings but still no joy. any help would be appreciated before I scream

There are now four numbered index pages on this "audio thread" you might want to have a good look at, just click on the numbers (at the Top / Bottom) will take you directly to that page. :wink:
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF
YOUR QUESTIONS ON HERE... BY USING THE BRIGHTLY
LIT AND NOTICEABLE (POST REPLY) GREEN BUTTON
FOLLOW ARROW DIRECTION BELOW.

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby osterac » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi
I am trying to run a live stream with blackboard while recording with splitcam, but the audio is out of sync by a good few seconds on the recordings.

I am using a Viewcast Osprey 210 to capture, composite input. The video is smooth. I also tried capturing with Virtualdub, and virtualdub seems to detect the audio but it does not show up in the file. Also, sometimes the feed will start to get jerky in virtualdub and I have no idea how to fix it (it fixes itself sometimes).

The computer is running Windows 7 x64, I don't know the specifics as I am not at that computer now, but I can tell you it is a brand new dell precision.

Could there be a way to fix this? Is splitcam the right tool for the job or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Thanks
Allen
osterac
User

Postby osterac » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi
I tried to post this in the audio thread but got no response - is this forum still active?

I am trying to run a live stream with blackboard while recording with splitcam, but the audio is out of sync by a good few seconds on the recordings.

I am using a Viewcast Osprey 210 to capture, composite input. The video is smooth. I also tried capturing with Virtualdub, and virtualdub seems to detect the audio but it does not show up in the file. Also, sometimes the feed will start to get jerky in virtualdub and I have no idea how to fix it (it fixes itself sometimes).

The computer is running Windows 7 x64, I don't know the specifics as I am not at that computer now, but I can tell you it is a brand new dell precision.

Could there be a way to fix this?
Thanks
Allen
osterac
User

Postby Fortra » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:16 am

@ osterac,

Audio Sync recording issues are usually caused by too much processing being put on your system in that it can't handle or cope with what has be put on it, by the user.

P.S - It doesn't make any difference if your system is new or not.
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby osterac » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:55 pm

This is a very nice PC, a cut above most desktops. How fast a PC do you really need to get this software working properly? It's not like this is a small amount of audio lag. It's about 2 seconds. It's nowhere close to being right. I had nothing else running in the background at the time.
I was only trying to capture 640x480. I don't see why that should overstress a modern PC.
osterac
User

Postby Fortra » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 pm

@ osterac,

I don't think you understand what I meant in above post earlier. It has nothing to do whether or not you didn't have other programs not running in the background. There could be a few, or numerous reason why, your experiencing audio syncing recorded lag.

All I can say is if any of your external or internal hardware devices that isn't up to scratch, as in optimized, for data transfer then you'll get dropping data and sync issue. All of your devices have to be working together to get the best optimized performance.

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby osterac » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Hmm, well the osprey 210 is an old device, but it is still sold and supported. I'm not sure if it has any hardware encoding. Is that the kind of thing you mean? What gets stressed the most when you are splitting and recording?
osterac
User

Postby Fortra » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:29 am

@ osterac,

Nevermind !

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:48 pm

Hello to all users we made new version v5.4.6.34 , with many bugs fixed, and new functions added please test it and write you review in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4507

Audio fixed too .

Thanks
SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

Postby mori » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:52 am

thanks. it's alive.
mori
User

Postby mori » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:59 am

mistake. i have system audio in audio sources, but still no audio. it seems i'll have to wait till the heat death of the universe.
================
whatever it works with media encoder, so it's fine.
Great software.
mori
User

Postby Fortra » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:59 pm

For Everyone!

I would recommend that users should "AVOID" using their webcam built in mic as a sound source audio. Simply because they require processing by your CPU processor. I'd rather use the webcam camera as solely "AS Video Image Device" only!

Processing a webcam video + mic audio through the webcam own single USB cable. Although it may work fine on some users system that may have a fast high-end CPU that can cope. But that fact is not the same for some users that can't afford to buy such hardware. I still recommend using this even with a high-end pc system too. When using splitcam it's easier to select your installed soundcard hardware that is detected and listed by splitcam within the audio selection list.

The best option is to use a separate microphone or headset that is plugged directly into your computer sound card mic socket. And see how that performs! The primary, objective here, is to always use as the DEFAULT installed hardware primary device and that is your sound card.

I use this method on all of my hardware systems that I have!

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby Fortra » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:19 am

For Everyone!

The primary function would be to use their webcam camera solely, so that it provide the best possible live stream video from your "CMOS" sensor camera device!

Since a lot of webcam manufacturers include and incorporate built-in mic with their webcam. That's the main drawback with that, many users will not see, or understand how doing so will limited their system resources because of the extra work load it will put on their CPU processor due to further processing requirements the webcam mic put onto the CPU.

Here is thought, if your speakers are connected and plugged-in directly into your sound card output socket (how else would you hear the audio sound). The sound card hardware itself is a very FAST processor component device. :)

Then their should also be a mic socket too, use it for that purpose that it was designed for. In some cases there could also be aux or line-in sockets too these have a slightly different use and function :wink: :mrgreen:

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby Fortra » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:35 pm

For Everyone!

Please be aware that the LATEST SPLITCAM BETA v5.10.4.1 will only have Video & Audio Support providing that your system is x32bit.

If your system is x64bit the Video will play is fine, but you won't get any audio sound out, when you have loaded or chosen a video file as your source :!:

<|==<<<
Fortra
Profi User

Postby SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:52 pm

New beta with AUDIO support, both x32 and x64 systems:
http://splitcamera.com/SplitCamSetup_v5.11.2.1.exe

Please test it.
For proper work it's strongly recommended to have the latest audio cards drivers.
SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to SPLITCAM SUPPORT

User Menu

Login