AUDIO ISSUES WITH SPLITCAM

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
vicul
Forum Moderator

Re: AUDIO ISSUES WITH SPLITCAM

Post by vicul » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:20 am

@chris bouwman

I tested the last copy of SplitCam 6.5.1.5

(viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4937)

with Paltalk:

In Audio Setup the Microphone test went good.

Try to set the last SplitCam and select a correct audio source by default in Audio Setup/Input Mixer Settings
SplitCam Team

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:42 am

chris bouwman wrote:no sound when playing vids with Paltalk

I want to play vids in a room in Paltalk. The vids run smoothly but i cannot get the sound working. The vids are mp4. I use windows 7-64 and K-Lite codecs

"I have sound when playing vids in Splitcam but as I open the Splitcam capture in Paltalk the vids start running without sound".
I have highlighted his text above to what is the problem from his post. I suspect it's something that might not want to share resource between the mp4 video and paltalk. Or it could be his configuration on his system, or the K-Lite Codecs Pack itself.
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF
YOUR QUESTIONS ON HERE... BY USING THE BRIGHTLY
LIT AND NOTICEABLE (POST REPLY) GREEN BUTTON
FOLLOW ARROW DIRECTION BELOW.

<|==<<<

chris bouwman
User

Post by chris bouwman » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:25 am

I removed K-Lite and Splitcam. Did run CCleaner and restarted teh pc. Then installed splitcam again, version 5.15.4.1,
I start Splitcam and run a movie and get sound. Then i started Paltalk, select from 'Splitcam video driver' or 'Broadcast SC video filter' the first for the cam and start. The movie is showing.......but no sound.....
I see that in spite of the fact that K-lite is deleted Splitcam has installed two icons in the rigt down hidden pics FFv and FFa.
Any idea what elde I can try?

greetings

Chris

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:41 am

@ Chris bouwman,

hmmm ok,

Have you tried the same thing with other similar chat client programs e.g skype, yahoo messenger, WLM etc? do they work ok? if so, "Then it must something to do with paltalk then".

Splitcam has built in FFv & FFa directshow filters.
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF

<|==<<<

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:50 am

chris bouwman wrote:Any idea what elde I can try?
Chris
Chris, did you read my answer on Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:20 am?
SplitCam Team

chris bouwman
User

Post by chris bouwman » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:05 am

Hi,
I did not try it with yahoo or another program till now.
I used the 4 version of splitcam for the last 4 or 5 years and that worked fine with sound.....but i had to connect the mic connector on the pc with the speaker connector and open mic and speaker in paltalk.
So i dont think it is a problem of paltalk.

I tried this also with this version but still no sound.
It seems that the audiotrack on the movie is not send to paltalk.

chris bouwman
User

Post by chris bouwman » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:06 am

Hi Vicul, Yes i read that message and have tried also that beta version. Same problem.

chris bouwman
User

Post by chris bouwman » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:22 am

Hi, Maybe i did not enough explaining. The pc which is sending the movie does have sound in Splitcam. Only the receiving pc which has paltalk on screen sees the movie but has no sound. So it really looks if the soundtrack is not send out to Paltalk from Splitcam on the MP4 movie.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:28 am

Chris,

did you try to set SplitCam 6.5.1.5: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4937
SplitCam Team

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:31 am

@ Chris bouwman,

I FULLY understand your posts that you had written. What I am saying is, if other similar chat client programs had the same issue, then I would say something is wrong. However you said there is SOUND there, it can be heard fine playing through splitcam.

What I'm suggesting is try either another video chat client, or another different video file e.g avi, wmv, etc?

Basically if those other chat client work fine then, it might only be Paltalk that has the issue.

P.S - You have to understand that the old splitcam v4 wouldn't be compatible on Windows 7 x64-bit system.

<|==<<<

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:29 pm

This is a copy below, of a post that I had posted sometime ago on this forum, but in another thread!

It does depend on your sound card hardware inside your system. If it doesn't have or include the "What-U-Hear" or StereoMix" or "WaveOutMix" feature, then you won't be able to audio stream the audio from the movie file on your system. The "What-U-Hear" feature is what "Creative" called their's.

Other (Sound Cards Manufacturers) will be using a different name for their hardware. The youtube video will illustrate how to enable such feature if you have the "right compatible soundcard hardware". This tip will be the same on Vista & Win7

Click here to watch the video > How to enable a hidden feature on Vista & Win7

<|==<<<