NEW FORUM & NEW VERSION PROBLEM OR ISSUES !!!

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
Master
User

Re: NEW FORUM & NEW VERSION PROBLEM OR ISSUES !!!

Post by Master » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:41 am

No problem.
My question about correct aspect ratio.
In Skype my camera (with original resolution 720x576) after SplitCam displayed with incorrect aspect ration (not 4:3, narrowing by horizontal. Be cause original pixels is not squared (1x1.07 - standart PAL/SECAM), format DV).
No matter what the resolution asks for Skype. It is important that the aspect ratio for any resolution will be 4:3.

Now I see black stripes on the left and right sides.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:22 am

@Master

You see the 4:3 because the Skype selected that resolution. Splitcam adds the stripes for saving frames proportions with original frame.

Try to select Splitcam Video Filter, as a video source, in Skype .

Splitcam Video Filter has more resolutions than Splitcam Video Driver.
SplitCam Team

Master
User

Post by Master » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:10 am

In main window of SplitCam picture have correct 4:3 aspect ratio.

Splitcam Video Filter in Skype displayed with stripes any times.

Can you release interpolation/extrapolation of picture (not adds the stripes) for resolutions with not-squared pixels)?
Or how I can achieve 4:3 in Skype?

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:57 am

>Can you release interpolation/extrapolation of picture (not adds the stripes) for resolutions with not-squared pixels)?

No,
I answered why Splitcam added the stripes. Without it we will have a distorted image .

>Or how I can achieve 4:3 in Skype?

Contact to the Skype developers.
SplitCam Team

Julia
User

Post by Julia » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Dear friends,
I've installed SC v. 7.6.4.1 on Win7 (x86), x64. I have to translate desktop picture through S4B (lync2013). My monitor resolution is 1900:1200. The source is a full screen of desktop with high or very high option of resolution in SplitCam settings. We choose Videodevice "SplitCam Video Driver" in S4B. When we connect to the other side the picture is very bad. The text is not readable. Does Splitcam use any additional drivers or plugins? Is there any additional settings we should do? Help me please to fix it.
Attachments
SplitCam.jpg

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:48 am

@Julia

1. You use the old version of Splitcam, please update it from our site. We don't support older versions.

2. About a poor quality. If you set a desktop capture with 1900:1200, this is an original resolution of frame for Splitcam.
Then you connected Splitcam to your site, your site requested another resolution and Splitcam made it:

Original frame (1900:1200)->Requested frame(?) -> your site

Hence, my question - What resolution did the site ask for Splitcam? You can define it using the option "Show start info" in the Options and
click on the main window of Splitcam. After it Spltcam shows you info with original/requested resolutions. I think that resolution was less than
1900:1200. Therefore output quality was poor. If your site allows you to select resolutions from video source, then make it or contact to its admin for it.

You can test a quality of all Splitcam output resolutions if you record a short film for your desktop capture by using the button "Rec".

PS, Splitcam has the option "Video quality". That option allows you to make better a quality of output frame. But the output resolution will be always selected by your site.
SplitCam Team