Splitcam not showing up in Device Manager

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
cosmictraxxx
User

Re: Splitcam not showing up in Device Manager

Post by cosmictraxxx » Tue May 24, 2011 11:20 am

That is what we are trying now.

Now, Inside splitcam I can see the signal from my capture card. So the interface between the card and splitcam is working fine. The only issue I have is that inside skype I can not choose any device as source for webcam.
It seems to be more a skype issue than splitcam since splitcam is working fine.
Normally I can see inside skype both devices in a drop down. Means Decklink (which delivers a black signal due to interface to splitcam) and splitcam showing the Decklink signal, because I have choosen it as source in splitcam.

But with the current versions skype doesn't even offer me any source inside the video setting.
I thought maybe you have experienced such a problem before with skype before, since it also influences your product that I can not choose it as source inside skype.

Warp up:
inside splitcam everything is working fine.
inside skype I can not choose splitcam as source because skype says it doesn not recognize any video soure.

cosmictraxxx
User

Post by cosmictraxxx » Wed May 25, 2011 6:59 am

fixed it...

sometimes it is pretty easy and silly at the same time...

It works properly when skype is set to language "English". Mine was set to German and therefore splitcam did not show up in skype. Now I set it to English and everything works properly.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed May 25, 2011 7:25 am

@ cosmictraxxx,

Well done!

I agree, sometimes it's a good idea to start off with the basics by trying different options to figure out the reasons why. And with persistence on your part, you'd succeeded in overcoming the problem.
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF
YOUR QUESTIONS ON HERE... BY USING THE BRIGHTLY
LIT AND NOTICEABLE (POST REPLY) GREEN BUTTON
FOLLOW ARROW DIRECTION BELOW.

<|==<<<

Soulsykk
User

Post by Soulsykk » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:17 pm

I've tried various Beta releases (latest version I've tried is SplitCam 55 beta) still have not been able to "see" the SplitCam device as a choice for a webcam in the applications I wish to use (ie Yahoo Messenger, iSpQ, Dwyco, and some others. I can see my webcam fine in the SplitCam window itself. I do have it working for Skype.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit btw.

alabala
User

Post by alabala » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Hiya! Ive got same problem, i just installed latest version of splitcam (5.4.3.18) AGAIN lol
Yahoo wont recongnise split cam, nor skype and msn only recongnised it once but it said its paused but it wasnt bcos i could see my self in splitcam window. I checked Device manager and same problem as Soulsikk- couldnt find it.
Im running on vista , 32 bit.
Also...i get an advert from mfc on the left hand side anybody knows how to get rid of that? Thank you x

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:15 am

Soulsykk wrote:I've tried various Beta releases (latest version I've tried is SplitCam 55 beta) still have not been able to "see" the SplitCam device as a choice for a webcam in the applications I wish to use (ie Yahoo Messenger, iSpQ, Dwyco, and some others. I can see my webcam fine in the SplitCam window itself. I do have it working for Skype.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit btw.
just a bit of information you may want to take a look at!
Click Here!
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF

<|==<<<

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:29 am

alabala wrote:Hiya! Ive got same problem, i just installed latest version of splitcam (5.4.3.18) AGAIN lol
Yahoo wont recongnise split cam, nor skype and msn only recongnised it once but it said its paused but it wasnt bcos i could see my self in splitcam window. I checked Device manager and same problem as Soulsikk- couldnt find it.
Im running on vista , 32 bit.
Also...i get an advert from mfc on the left hand side anybody knows how to get rid of that? Thank you x
How else is splitcamera going to support and subsidize itself since it's a FREE program!. Just something you should also take into consideration too as well. Even MSN Live, Yahoo messenger and other IM also have a more extreme ADverts in their's too. Why don't you ask them about their AD's with the same question. :lol:

<|==<<<

mksyr232
User

Splitcam Doesn't Show up in Device Manager

Post by mksyr232 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Hello! I have Windows 7 x64 and I'm trying to use ustream and when I use the desktop mode and go to broadcast splitcam does not show up on Video Source I don't know whats going on? Splitcam has worked before, and so I don't know... maybe its the new Beta version. I don't know... Just try to figure out what the problem is!

Thanks! :D

SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

Re: Splitcam Doesn't Show up in Device Manager

Post by SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Can you post screenshot? and what version of splitcam you use?

mksyr232
User

Post by mksyr232 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:51 pm

I use the latest Splitcam version. 5.4.4.2

SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

Post by SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:58 pm

@mksyr232

Try this version :
http://www.splitcamera.com/SplitCamSetup_beta.exe
and
read this topic :
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4224

If this not help to you , please post here screenshots with your problem !

Thank You

mksyr232
User

Post by mksyr232 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:38 pm

This might not matter but, Is it bad during Splitcam's installation that it doesn't register actskn43.ocx? Because splitcam works just fine. I'm just wondering if that might be the problem to splitcam not showing up in the video sources.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:14 am

Hello,

The answer to your question is NO!

USTREAM uses adobe flash player. So you have to set it up via that.
mksyr232 wrote:This might not matter but, Is it bad during Splitcam's installation that it doesn't register actskn43.ocx? Because splitcam works just fine. I'm just wondering if that might be the problem to splitcam not showing up in the video sources.

<|==<<<

mksyr232
User

Post by mksyr232 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:19 am

Fortra wrote:Hello,

The answer to your question is NO!

USTREAM uses adobe flash player. So you have to set it up via that.
So then how do you set it up via Adobe Flash Player? Hopefully I said that correctly. I hope you know what I'm getting at.

mksyr232
User

Post by mksyr232 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:27 am

There is a picture that I took and it shows that Splitcam isn't in the video sources for some apparent reason. The version was the version that the Splitcam Support suggested me...
Attachments
Ustream.jpg
Picture of Video sources in Ustream