Splitcam not showing up in Device Manager

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
Soulsykk
User

Splitcam not showing up in Device Manager

Post by Soulsykk » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:58 pm

With the new version (5.4.3.2), I no longer see my cam in the Device Manger.

When I run Splitcam I can select my camera just fine and see the cam image. But, when I use a program (i.e. MSN or Yahoo), there is no "SplitCam" listed as a source.

It was working in prior beta version (though I forget which I was using, possibly 5.4.1.3).

Soulsykk
User

Re: Splitcam not showing up in Device Manager

Post by Soulsykk » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Soulsykk wrote:With the new version (5.4.3.2), I no longer see my cam in the Device Manger.

When I run Splitcam I can select my camera just fine and see the cam image. But, when I use a program (i.e. MSN or Yahoo), there is no "SplitCam" listed as a source.

It was working in prior beta version (though I forget which I was using, possibly 5.4.1.3).
Forgot to mention, I'm running Windows 7 x64.

SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

Post by SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Hello Soulsykk

What version of Msn and Yahoo do you use?

This video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF1vgJCLAAE tutorial how to use Splitcam with Yahoo , please tell me if this video help you or not ?

Soulsykk
User

Post by Soulsykk » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:55 am

SPLITCAM SUPPORT wrote:Hello Soulsykk

What version of Msn and Yahoo do you use?

This video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF1vgJCLAAE tutorial how to use Splitcam with Yahoo , please tell me if this video help you or not ?
Latest Yahoo Version: 10.0.0.1270.

I don't think it has anything to do with the application I'm using to access SplitCam. It seems like SplitCam driver is not registering properly as its not listed in Device Manager.

I've gone back to SplitCam 5.4.2.6 and everything works fine and SplitCam shows up in the Device Manager.

SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

Post by SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:12 am

The new version of SplitCam 5.4.3 and higher work with DirectShow Filter , Filter work same like a driver, but not registered in Device Manager , but you still can see new name SplitCam Video Capture in your Video Source in Msn , Yahoo and others.

Please inform me ,if you don't see SplitCam Video Capture in your Yahoo Msg Messengers / My Webcam / File / Preferences / Camera Source ?

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Soulsykk wrote:With the new version (5.4.3.2), I no longer see my cam in the Device Manger.
That issue will only affected on x64bit system OS in that it won't be listed within it's own Device Manager list. No problem with having it listed within the 32bit OS system though.
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF
YOUR QUESTIONS ON HERE... BY USING THE BRIGHTLY
LIT AND NOTICEABLE (POST REPLY) GREEN BUTTON
FOLLOW ARROW DIRECTION BELOW.

<|==<<<

Soulsykk
User

Post by Soulsykk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:00 pm

SPLITCAM SUPPORT wrote:The new version of SplitCam 5.4.3 and higher work with DirectShow Filter , Filter work same like a driver, but not registered in Device Manager , but you still can see new name SplitCam Video Capture in your Video Source in Msn , Yahoo and others.

Please inform me ,if you don't see SplitCam Video Capture in your Yahoo Msg Messengers / My Webcam / File / Preferences / Camera Source ?
I do not see SplitCam Video Capture as a Camera Source in Yahoo (or other like programs). I installed the latest beta (SplitCamSetup5.4.3.16 BETA) and still have the same issue: I can see my cam in SplitCam as a source but I do not see SplitCam as a source in Yahoo.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Try this on both messengers downgrading to a earlier OLDER version of MSN & Yahoo Messengers and see if they work?
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF

<|==<<<

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:18 am

Soulsykk wrote:

Forgot to mention, I'm running Windows 7 x64.
Let me just say this so that you know, and are FULLY aware of it !!!

If your using Vista x64 or Win7 x64 neither of them won't display or showing listed the splitcam capture with in your OS "Device Manager". It will only be displayed and shown if your using the (x86) = x32 OS version. This doesn't mean their's a problem at all, it just doesn't appear on x64 OS system ok.

<|==<<<

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:22 am

Whatever video IM chatting program you intend to use will work still. :)

<|==<<<

cosmictraxxx
User

Post by cosmictraxxx » Tue May 24, 2011 3:40 am

Hello,

my original post seemed to disappear so I try it in this thread again.

my problem is that splitcam does not show up in skype video settings as a source.
when I install skype from scratch (meaning also deleting the regisry entries by Revo uninstaller) then splitcam appears once in video settings and I can choose it as a source. If I then close skype and start it again, video settings is empty and skype states that it didn't find any webcam source and if I want to buy one in their shop...

I use splitcam 5.3.4, Skype 5.3.0.111 and Windows 7

Thanks for help!

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Tue May 24, 2011 4:16 am

cosmictraxxx wrote:Hello,

my original post seemed to disappear so I try it in this thread again.

my problem is that splitcam does not show up in skype video settings as a source.
when I install skype from scratch (meaning also deleting the regisry entries by Revo uninstaller) then splitcam appears once in video settings and I can choose it as a source. If I then close skype and start it again, video settings is empty and skype states that it didn't find any webcam source and if I want to buy one in their shop...

I use splitcam 5.3.4, Skype 5.3.0.111 and Windows 7

Thanks for help!

hi cosmictraxxx,

Firstly - Since your using 3rd party program Revo Uninstaller to have access to windows registry data base, then your probably causing the problem by doing that. The Windows registry is a data base that windows uses to log some string bits of information about programs that you have on your system. Messing around with that and you'd be causing a lot of problem yourself.

Secondly - why are you using a old version of splitcam v5.3.4.xx ?

Thirdly - In your other post that was removed. You mentioned that your using a video capture card. Is that a TV capture card or just a Graphics capture card?

The latest current is actually v5.4.3.18 as shown in this site!

<|==<<<

cosmictraxxx
User

Post by cosmictraxxx » Tue May 24, 2011 8:53 am

I'm sorry, I mixed up the numbers. I use 5.4.3 not 5.3.4.

I use the Revo uninstaller only to really uninstall Skype, even from registry. And after that it works once before splictam disappears from Skype video settings.

I use a capture card Decklink SDI.

So if I install skype from sratch, the first time on a brand new windows 7, it behaves the same. Works once, then it stops.

Can you help?

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Tue May 24, 2011 10:53 am

Hi again,

Have you tried downgrading to a earlier or older version of skype?

It seems to me, that there is a compatibilty issue between it, and your hardware software capture card driver. From what I understand from your post above it's the problem with skype failure to detect and work with your selected source device.
cosmictraxxx wrote:I'm sorry, I mixed up the numbers. I use 5.4.3 not 5.3.4.

I use the Revo uninstaller only to really uninstall Skype, even from registry. And after that it works once before splictam disappears from Skype video settings.

I use a capture card Decklink SDI.

So if I install skype from sratch, the first time on a brand new windows 7, it behaves the same. Works once, then it stops.

Can you help?

<|==<<<