Splitcam takes my webcam videos but there is NO SOUND.

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
glcohen
User

Re: Splitcam takes my webcam videos but there is NO SOUND.

Post by glcohen » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Having to use a separate microphone when using a DV Camera can't be considered as having a version of SplitCam that works properly. You also need to sort out the beta 5.5 crashing when the audio control are moved (it was the lower slider but I can't remember what it was labelled).

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:12 am

I don't think you fully understand.

First thing you should know is that ALL DV camcorders that have built-in recording Microphone. Will only capture their audio via it electronic circuitry that is built in to itself (DV Camera). The sound is then saved to the track edge on the video tape that is inserted, when recording your video footage. One more thing the Video data, and the audio data are kept "separate", on separate tracks on the video tape.

Why do you think some DV camcorders manufactures provide some external Mic/Line option or Input/Output jack sockets on some of their DV devices. So that you can plugin external input devices or sources in.

Further more your only allowed to install splitcam onto your computer ONLY, you can't install splitcam onto your DV camera. Most of the work and controls are done on your computer anyway. Using it to manage all the other work and processing.

When your using your DV just as a webcam, without a video tape inside the machine. Then you have to use an external microphone that is connected to mic jack of your pc so that the pc captures the audio through it's OWN sound card within the computer.

I have downloaded the Manual for that DV and have looked at what it said about Audio Dubbing, on pages from 104 to 107.
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF
YOUR QUESTIONS ON HERE... BY USING THE BRIGHTLY
LIT AND NOTICEABLE (POST REPLY) GREEN BUTTON
FOLLOW ARROW DIRECTION BELOW.

<|==<<<

glcohen
User

Post by glcohen » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:26 am

I do understand what is going on.
My DV camera connects directly to my computer via an IEEE 1394 port which passes both audio and video to the computer with the camera set to memory mode so that the tape transport is turned off. What your program should be doing is to take the audio stream available from the motherboard's built in HD Audio (Realtek ALC889 codec) and making it available, with the video, to Skype. Fortunately your rival another splitter seem soon to be able to provide this funtionality with their program. You have better video capabilities so I would encourage you to make SplitCam work in this way.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:58 am

Hi glcohen,

Does your computer motherboard HD audio card have a feature (Stereo Mix or Wave Out Mix) that enable you to mix ?

The purpose of the mix feature is so that whatever audio is generated or handled by audio driver will be processed .
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF

<|==<<<

glcohen
User

Post by glcohen » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:08 am

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and I can select the HD audio stream in SplitCam - but no audio appears. I have shown that the connection and camera are OK by recording directly to hard disk from the camera using the Adobe Premier Elements capture function, with the camera set as I have previously described on memory mode. The problem seems to be that SplitCam is not getting into the audio stream.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:10 am

I found this site link below that might provide some valuable information to some users!

http://kadaitcha.cx/xp/firewire.html

Quick Question - Have you tried it without using the Adobe Premier Elements capturing function?

<|==<<<

glcohen
User

Post by glcohen » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:17 pm

I only used Adobe Premier Elements to show that my connections are OK. SplitCam shows no video or audio if Premier Elements is capturing and Premier Elements will not capture video or audio if SplitCam is running.

glcohen
User

Post by glcohen » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:14 pm

I had not noticed that there is a utility with my Motherboard that allows selection of either line input, mic input or stereo mix for the Realtec HDA Primary input. However, selecting any of these still does not produce any audio from SplitCam. Incidentally the slider in the audio section of SplitCam 5.5 beta that will crash the program is the one labelled Audio Playlist.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:07 pm

glcohen wrote:I only used Adobe Premier Elements to show that my connections are OK. SplitCam shows no video or audio if Premier Elements is capturing and Premier Elements will not capture video or audio if SplitCam is running.
When capturing video with Adobe Premier Elements. What is the captured properties of the video file? e.g is it a avi with integrated audio. Or is it something else?

Can you post a screenshot sample picture of the properties of the video file that was created by that program?

You have a good modern motherboard too. :wink:

<|==<<<

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:12 pm

glcohen wrote:I had not noticed that there is a utility with my Motherboard that allows selection of either line input, mic input or stereo mix for the Realtec HDA Primary input. However, selecting any of these still does not produce any audio from SplitCam. Incidentally the slider in the audio section of SplitCam 5.5 beta that will crash the program is the one labelled Audio Playlist.
If you right-click on the default XP speaker icon that is near the clock on your task bar. Select "Open Volume Control > Options > properties" for either, playback or record. You will have a list of options to make a selection of what to enable or disable.

First link click here > viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4222

or

Second link click here > http://www.code-it.com/record_speaker_output.htm

<|==<<<

glcohen
User

Post by glcohen » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:23 pm

I enclose a screen shot of the properties of a samll demonstration file which recorded video and audio straight from the camera via the IEEE 1394 connection.
The file is AVI Movie.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screen shot showing video file properties

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:45 pm

Here goes, what I have come to understand is that program you have their, is a video editing program, it's similar to it's more expensive bigger brother "Adobe Premiere Pro". How it works, it's used to capture your DV captured video over IEEE1394 port, it is done natively (meaning it has a special capture driver that is built in the editing program itself that is compatible with IEEE1394 protocol) that driver also gives you some control feature over your DV camera too, e.g stop,play,Rec forward/rewind, time code etc.

Your program above is totally different to splitcam. However, there is another program that you can use with splitcam together, if you wish, so that you'll be able to use your DV camera as if it was a webcam.

<|==<<<

glcohen
User

Post by glcohen » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Please understand that my use of Adobe Premier was only to show that connecting the camera directly to the computer via the IEEE1394 port does actually put audio into the computer. There is no need to use TrackerCam which anyway has no audio facility. Maybe you do not appreciate that SplitCam needs to be able to intercept a DIGITAL audio stream that is going into the IEEE1394 port. This is what Adobe are able to do so its not impossible. Can you clarify whether or not your are a SplitCam programmer.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Most DV camcorders have analog line-out jack (socket),you could use that you know, it has a lower output level specifically for that, to provide the correctly set audio sound levels directly into your computer sound card line-in socket. That way your using your computer itself, to do the audio processing work.

<|==<<<

SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

Post by SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:33 pm

To glcohen

The problem we don't have DV cameras here and IEEE1394 port , but in next version we will try to resolve you problem.
Please visit to our forum in january.
Thank You