Splitcam takes my webcam videos but there is NO SOUND.

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
andreaborman
User

Splitcam takes my webcam videos but there is NO SOUND.

Post by andreaborman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:21 pm

I have just upgraded my old version of Splitcam to Splitcam 5 and this has good features. But the problem I am having is,although Splitcam 5 the new version just out in February 2011 takes webcam videos,there is no sound at all. That is I cannot play the videos with sound. I have 3 Windows 7 Netbooks and they all have built in webcams and built in microphones and I have done everything I can.But I cannot solve this problem.

I have checked all of my settings and it is not my computers or my microphone as both the webcam and mic works on a different video program I tested.

And I have also tried my plug in external webcam,which also has it's own microphone to see if it works with that,but there it still records videos with no sound.

Please is there a way to fix it as I think it could be because I have Windows 7 that Splitcam is not playing back my videos with sound. Also I have read that you need direct X 9 but Windows 7 has Direct X 11 not 9. Is this another reason why the sound does not work in my webcam videos.

so what I am saying is with Splitcam 5 it records the videos but despite the fact I have looked at the settings and set it to play back videos with sound and my mic is working okay. On Splitcam 5 it does not record my videos or play them with sound.

I am very disappointed about this as Splitcam would be perfect if it was not for this problem and I am thinking of rolling back to my old version of Splitcam I was using before-Splitcam 3 or 4 because of this.

It is true the previous version of Splitcam did not record videos but in that version I got all of the features.

How can I fix this problem in Splitcam 5 so it records the videos with sound? And is it safe to roll back to the previous version of Splitcam-Splitcam 3 or 4? I would be grateful if you can sort out my problem. Andrea Borman.

Fortra
Profi User

Re: Splitcam takes my webcam videos but there is NO SOUND.

Post by Fortra » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:31 pm

We're aware of the audio recording issue. Just be patience. Once the other issues have been dealt with then the audio recording will be added.

Have a look at the mini list of issues on the "IMPORTANT INFORMATION" thread, that I had created.
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF
YOUR QUESTIONS ON HERE... BY USING THE BRIGHTLY
LIT AND NOTICEABLE (POST REPLY) GREEN BUTTON
FOLLOW ARROW DIRECTION BELOW.

<|==<<<

andreaborman
User

Post by andreaborman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Fortra wrote:We're aware of the audio recording issue. Just be patient. Once the other issues have been dealt with then the audio recording will be added.

Have a look at the mini list of issues on the "IMPORTANT INFORMATION" thread, that I had created.
Thank you for your reply. So does that mean that this new version of Splitcam-Splitcam 5 is a beta for tester version?
I still do not understand as in this version 5 there is now the feature to record webcam videos and upload them to You Tube,from Splitcam.But if there is no sound I cannot do this.

So I do not understand why the video feature is there if we cannot record it with sound,even though we have the built in software. A built in webcam and microphone and webcam that is working on our computer. And you can also use an external plug in mic and webcam and this works too. But I have tried all of this and I just cannot record webcam videos with sound.

Please could you explain more about this problem you are trying to fix to me. The problem is still not resolved.

So what should I and other users do? Is it safe for me and others with this problem to uninstall this version-Splitcam 5 and re-install version-Splitcam 4 or 3?

As although it did not take videos I was happy with it. Andrea Borman.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:30 pm

If that's what you want to do for the time being, use the old version.
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF

<|==<<<

andreaborman
User

Post by andreaborman » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:20 pm

So if I use the old version it would not put my computer at risk as the previous version is still supported at the moment? Andrea Borman.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:52 pm

I mean that's up to you, if you decide to make that decision. Click here!

<|==<<<

andreaborman
User

Post by andreaborman » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:20 pm

Thank you very much for your support and patience with me.I will use the old version of Splitcam for now and when the new version is fixed. I shall look forward to using that. As the new version has some good features and will be perfect once the problem with recording videos, with sound is fixed. Andrea Borman.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:29 pm

I will update the list "important information" thread! Once the problem is fixed.

<|==<<<

SPLITCAM SUPPORT
Site Admin

Post by SPLITCAM SUPPORT » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:57 am

Hello Andrea Borman
You can test new version of splitcam with sound supported : http://splitcamera.com/SplitCam55beta.exe

SplitCam 5.5 BETA (audio support)
for Windows x86 only (32 bit systems)

glcohen
User

Post by glcohen » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:36 pm

I can't find any place to report bugs in SplitCam 5.5 so I will do it here.
SplitCam 5.4.3 worked fine letting me use a DV Camera via a 1394 port for Skype but with a separate microphone.
The SplitCam 5.5 beta starts from Skype with an "Unspecified Error" small error box on the desktop. After closing this SplitCam still works OK for video but there is still no audio from the camera's microphone. I am running Windows XP 5.1.2600 service pack 3 build 2600. Please ask if you want any other information

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:33 am

What is your DV camera make and model #?

<|==<<<

glcohen
User

Post by glcohen » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:06 am

The camera ia a SONY DCR-TRV20E

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:41 am

glcohen wrote:The camera ia a SONY DCR-TRV20E
Thanks!

Usually built-in camera Mic's usually have a internal connectivity via the internal circuitry that it uses to record directly onto it's own the video DV tape.

If your DV camera works best with the previous splitcam build then you might as well continue using that version for the time being.

As for the audio, your best using your computer audio sound card to capture the audio!

<|==<<<

glcohen
User

Post by glcohen » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:11 am

What old versions - and where are they? The present non beta version does not have working audio.

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:28 am

glcohen wrote:I can't find any place to report bugs in SplitCam 5.5 so I will do it here.
SplitCam 5.4.3 worked fine letting me use a DV Camera via a 1394 port for Skype but with a separate microphone.
^Why you just use the above version that worked!^

The SplitCam 5.5 beta starts from Skype with an "Unspecified Error" small error box on the desktop. After closing this SplitCam still works OK for video but there is still no audio from the camera's microphone. I am running Windows XP 5.1.2600 service pack 3 build 2600. Please ask if you want any other information.

But you also said that the beta version you were using had another problem. (see above)

<|==<<<