COMPATIBLE CAPTURE / TV CARDS THAT WORK OK !

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
divoom
User

Re: COMPATIBLE CAPTURE / TV CARDS THAT WORK OK !

Post by divoom » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:45 am

Hello i have a problem with my splitcam, i dont want to use any ip camera, but today when i opened my splitcam in video source i dont see any devices, just the "ip camera". I have a tv tuner installed on my pc and until today into the video source i was seeing the name of my tv tuner, now i see just "ip camera" i didnt installed anything, how could i get rid of the "ip camera" from my video source so i can see the video from my camera that is connected via tv tuner ? Thanks.

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:48 pm

divoom wrote:Hello i have a problem with my splitcam, i dont want to use any ip camera, but today when i opened my splitcam in video source i dont see any devices, just the "ip camera". I have a tv tuner installed on my pc and until today into the video source i was seeing the name of my tv tuner, now i see just "ip camera" i didnt installed anything, how could i get rid of the "ip camera" from my video source so i can see the video from my camera that is connected via tv tuner ? Thanks.
Does not Skype (or any flash in inet browser) show any device too?
SplitCam Team

andvari
User

Post by andvari » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi. I have two SplitCam installations both on Win7, using Declink SDI cards to capture video. One card is a Decklink Minirecorder and the other a Decklink 4k SDI card (both from BlackMagicDesign - BMD). I use splitcam as a bridge to Skype and other apps using webcams.

Unfortunately Splitcam has a "tendency to freeze" sometimes, and I do not know what is causing it. The minirecorder is less prone to it, but both installations does it. When it freezes it displays a frozen frame grabbed from the stream.

Several thing can trigger a freeze. Sometimes it happens by itself. Sometimes a change in resolution triggers it. Hitting the play button below the image (stop and start) - means it cannot be started again. On the 4k card it is completely dead, but on can on the minirecorder it can be restarted by changing resolution. And sometimes it will restart when hitting play.

I have experienced that changing resolution on the SplitCam with the 4k card intall restarted the video, but only rarily and have no clue what made it do so on occasion.

It seems, however, that SplitCam is continually receiving data from the BMD driver, because when changing resolution, the image changes (if it does not restart video flow), reflecting the current image sent to it. This happens even if the driver is set to "return black when not playing video" (in the BMD config setup). This indicates that the videostream is actually present (supplied by the driver), but not relayed on by SplitCam. This seems to indicate the problem is in Splitcam rather than the underlying driver.

Rebooting the machine will make SplitCam work again - most of the time. But sometime even this does not help. The random nature of the error makes it a big problem in the TV production environment where I am using it.

Unfortunately, even with these limitations, Splitcam is still the most reliable way to get video into Skype I have been able to find, so I would greatly appreciate a solution (or a workaround).

I have tried many different input resolutions and video configurations, none of which seem to have any effect on the issue.

NB: I downloaded a version 6.6.8.1 (I think) and installed it and it was even more unstable (zip file around 100mb). Perhaps i inadvertently downloaded a beta version. I downgraded to 6.6.4.1 (zip file around 74 mb)

Regards, Rolf

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:24 am

andvari wrote:Unfortunately Splitcam has a "tendency to freeze" sometimes,
Hi,
can you tell me, what is CPU loading when Splitcam works with two your cards?

Victor
SplitCam Team

splacc16
User

Post by splacc16 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:22 pm

Hello,

With this new version, there is a problem with "Blackmagic WDM Capture":

Max. CPU on deckavs.sys (v6.9.4.1)

On startup of SplitCam and after clicking "Hide ad", the System process uses max. CPU on one thread, and it is deckavs.sys.
The video is frozen and splitcam.exe uses only 1% CPU.

To get it working, I have to change video source to something else and then back, or switch from "Wide pixel" to "Square pixel" and then back.

It is a bit annoying to do this on every startup.

Thank you!

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:52 am

@splacc16

Hi,

we have not that camera in our lab. Therefore I offer you to try our new Beta version :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/513 ... 1_BETA.exe

This copy works ONLY with the original resolutions of source and perhaps solves your problem.

The new features:

New:
1. Added some optimization for resize methods.
2. CPU load optimization: 5-10%.
3. Added the additional frame resolutions in SplitCamFilter
4. Added the option Autostart From App.
5. SplitCam works only with the original resolutions of video sources.
6. Added full support of ID3v2 tag for MP3 files

Fixed:
1. SplitCam did not show video if Internet is off
2. In Pause if to select Resolution in Option, Splitcam ran video with Pause button.
3. Removed Background effects.
4. Video was frozen by writing to .avi if to move the slider.
5. IP Camera worked only with URL for a low case.
6. Restored Slideshow
7. No SplitCam title in Taskbar
8. The scroll of Audio play list was incorrect.

Let me know if it does not work.

Victor
SplitCam Team

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:22 am

splacc16 wrote:Hello,

With this new version, there is a problem with "Blackmagic WDM Capture":

Max. CPU on --- deckavs.sys --- (SplitCam v6.9.4.1)
@ splacc16,

P.S : The deckavs.sys is a file or something that is related to BlackMagic DeckLink product by BlackMagic Design.

Please note: What is required from you, is some basic detail information about your computer hardware?

1. What Windows ver OS x32bit or x64bit?
2. What make & Model Type tv capture card + web camera?
3. How much RAM memory you have install?
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF
YOUR QUESTIONS ON HERE... BY USING THE BRIGHTLY
LIT AND NOTICEABLE (POST REPLY) GREEN BUTTON
FOLLOW ARROW DIRECTION BELOW.

<|==<<<

splacc16
User

Post by splacc16 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:24 pm

@vicul, @Fortra

I tried the BETA. Now, the following problems occur:

No CPU usage until I click "Hide ad". Then, deckavs.sys thread in "System" process uses max. CPU and video is frozen.
There is only 640x480 4:3 Resolution now. I have to select it again, then the video works and CPU usage is normal.

The other problem is that I cannot scale to 16:9 anymore.
I have connected a Camcorder with 720x576 5:4 output.
In Blackmagic Control Panel I selected "PAL Progressive".
When I click Square/Wide pixel in SplitCam, it shows a white text "720x576" for a moment.

Previous versions of SplitCam were able to scale 720x576 5:4 to 1024x576 16:9 by selecting "Resolution: from source" and "Wide pixel".

I hope this will be possible again in new versions because it's the only reason I use SplitCam..

Thank you!

Windows 7 x64
Blackmagic Intensity Pro (latest driver)
Panasonic HDC-SD909 Camcorder (576p hdmi output)
8GB Ram (and clean system :P)

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:24 am

Hi splacc16,

thank you for info and help in testing.
splacc16 wrote: No CPU usage until I click "Hide ad".
It is true, because splitcam is in Pause during 30 sec or while you press Hide Ad, Play or choose the other Video source
splacc16 wrote: Then, deckavs.sys thread in "System" process uses max. CPU and video is frozen.
At this time splitcam connects to your camera and tries to receives a video stream with max resolution of your cam. After it splitcam sends that stream to your target software. But CPU cannot process the frames with this resolution and you see max CPU loading.

Your CPU: Core i5, i7 .....?
splacc16 wrote: There is only 640x480 4:3 Resolution now.
This week we finish the next beta copy where you see more resolutions of your cam.

splacc16 wrote: There is only 640x480 4:3 Resolution now. I have to select it again, then the video works and CPU usage is normal.
So 640x480 is a resolution, which CPU can process.
splacc16 wrote: Previous versions of SplitCam were able to scale 720x576 5:4 to 1024x576 16:9 by selecting "Resolution: from source" and "Wide pixel".
Since 7.x version we changed Splitcam engine. Now the program works only with original resolutions of video source. So if your cam has the resolutions: 640x480 and 720x576, then you see those resolutions in Options. We believe it is correct, because splitcam sends the quality video to our SplitCam Video Filter for splitting with minimal CPU loading.

Plus, SplitCam Filter has a possibility to change the original resolution of frame by asking it from the target software (skype, inet browsers and etc). So if your software requires 1280x720 and your original frame is 640x480, then the filter make this resize for it. But before start the filter always offers the software to work with original resolution.
splacc16 wrote: The other problem is that I cannot scale to 16:9 anymore.
In 7.x version wide/squre pixel is used only for resizing video in Splitcam window. That feature does not influence on output stream.
Splitcam window has 512x384 4:3 (square pixel) or size of your monitor for the fullscreen mode. The input stream will be always translated to 4:3 format for that window. This is good for 4:3 input frames but it is not for 16:9 frames. So Wide Pixel allows splitcam to convert 16:9 to 4:3 correct.
SplitCam Team

splacc16
User

Post by splacc16 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:33 am

@vicul
Thank you too for the information.
vicul wrote:But CPU cannot process the frames with this resolution and you see max CPU loading.
So 640x480 is a resolution, which CPU can process.
But this doesn't seem to be true.
When selecting 640x480 4:3, a white text shows up. For like 200 milliseconds, it shows "640x480" but then it shows "1920x1080" for a few seconds.
And then, the CPU usage of Splitcam.exe is about 10%.
In a skype video call, other people see me in 16:9 (I tested it locally and calculated it). Also, the quality is very good, for sure not 640x480.
vicul wrote:Your CPU: Core i5, i7 .....?

Phenom II X4 975 @4GHz
vicul wrote:Plus, SplitCam Filter has a possibility to change the original resolution of frame by asking it from the target software (skype, inet browsers and etc). So if your software requires 1280x720 and your original frame is 640x480, then the filter make this resize for it. But before start the filter always offers the software to work with original resolution.
Then, it would be a very nice feature to be able to configure the "SplitCam Video Filter", like that you can choose many resolutions and aspect ratios..

Thank you!

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:55 am

splacc16 wrote: When selecting 640x480 4:3, a white text shows up. For like 200 milliseconds, it shows "640x480" but then it shows "1920x1080" for a few seconds.
Strange, at start you see 640x480, after it is 1920x1080. You can see the current resolution if play Square/Wide pixel options. For this case splitcam shows that resolution on its window.

We have finished the next copy - Splitcam 7.1.1.12 Beta:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/513 ... 2_BETA.exe

I think this copy will show more resolutions from your video source.
splacc16 wrote: In a skype video call, other people see me in 16:9 (I tested it locally and calculated it). Also, the quality is very good, for sure not 640x480.
It depends on skype. Skype sets the resolution in SplitCam Video Filter. But you can see the current resolution on skype when make a video connect and see its connections parameters in Menu of skype.
splacc16 wrote: it would be a very nice feature to be able to configure the "SplitCam Video Filter", like that you can choose many resolutions and aspect ratios..

I wrote that feature was a feature of your target software and did not depend on splitcam.

Regards,
Victor
SplitCam Team

splacc16
User

Post by splacc16 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:59 am

I tried that Beta, now it shows the correct resolution 1920x1080 but only if "1080i 50" is selected in Blackmagic Control Panel.
If selecting "PAL Progressive", it should show only 720x576 but shows 720x486 and 1920x1080 too.

True, Skype seems to request up to 1280x720.

Okay, it's just too bad that 720x576 5:4 cannot be scaled anymore to 1024x576 16:9. It was the main reason for me to use SplitCam, I found no other software that could do this.
Because now, when in PAL Progressive/720x576 mode, "Wide Pixel" doesn't change the output anymore (as you said) and so Skype shows an ugly (height-stretched) 5:4 video where the camcorders native format is actually 16:9...
In previous SplitCam versions, Skype showed a top and bottom black bar and the actual video was 16:9.

I wonder if there can still be a solution for this? Just aspect ratio correction...

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:14 am

@splacc16

Hi,

I have not Balckmagic in our lab and I cannot reproduce your problem. While I can tell if splitcam shows 720x486, then that resolution goes to splitcam.

>720x576 5:4 cannot be scaled anymore to 1024x576 16:9

I can to add 1024x576 to our filter, but splitcam does not control the filter. This control is in skype and it selects 640x480 or 1280x720.

Setting 1024x576 resize into video flow of splitcam is not good solution, because any resize influences on a quality of video (for it is used interpolation ways). Plus, skype adds its resize in our filter. In addition, any resize is an additional loading for CPU
SplitCam Team

splacc16
User

Post by splacc16 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:12 am

Okay, it's just that with 720x576 output, Skype chooses 1280x720 but the video is not stretched to 16:9 but black bars on left and right and the actual picture is still 5:4.