IMPORTANT INFORMATION !

Post your SplitCam questions and bug reports here. PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH !
Fortra
Profi User

Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION !

Post by Fortra » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Fortra wrote:For everyone!

Please check and read carefully within the topic's various available threads, and their posts, that are their for your own benefit to read in your own time!

They will have some valuable information posts & tips within them!
I have no further comment :roll:
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF
YOUR QUESTIONS ON HERE... BY USING THE BRIGHTLY
LIT AND NOTICEABLE (POST REPLY) GREEN BUTTON
FOLLOW ARROW DIRECTION BELOW.

<|==<<<

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:51 pm

For Everyone!

Once upon a time a few years ago. There were software program that a lot of people would have used to get around a problem that they were having due to a lack of compatible codec's. Now I'm talking about the K-Lite Codec Pack.

Now I have decided to remove that piece of crap software for good. It's no longer requirement not needed at all. Because it was causing splitcam to stop working or crash.

So let's be clear about this, I won't be using that K-Lite software at all. I have been using another software that has a better player, and features supported codecs built-in and it works flawlessly. :wink:
@ USERS, NO BS - PLEASE USE ONE OF THE EXISTING APPROPRIATE TOPIC THREAD WHEN POSTING ANY OF

<|==<<<

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:13 pm

For Everyone!

I have updated the bug list with new info please check it out, and read it carefully!

<|==<<<

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:55 pm

For Everyone!

The version of splitcam that is on the splitcam homepage "download link" is an earlier out-dated version.

I would recommend users install and use the "LATEST BETA" version instead!

Location of BETA versions have their own thread so get looking!

<|==<<<

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:21 am

For Everyone!

The Splitcam Homepage Download link has now been updated with the Latest Release Version 5.15.4.1 enjoy it! :)

<|==<<<

leriche
User

Post by leriche » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:04 pm

I am currently using the latest version ie 5.15.4.1 and when I choose splitcam from the video options in google hangout I still get a black screen.

Im sorry if you already addressed this but all I see in this forum is that we need to use the beta version but isn't this version the latest thus the best version? If not please direct me to the right download link.

Thank you

Eric

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:06 pm

@ leriche,

You have to install the "Google Hangout Video Plugin" it should appear automatically if you don't have it installed. The google hangout won't work without it!

I have just done created this SCREENSHOT TEST a few minutes ago, with the NEW Splitcam Release v5.15.4.1
Attachments
NewSplitcam&GoogleHangOutPic.png

<|==<<<

leriche
User

Post by leriche » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Sorry again if it is a stupid question but is this a chrome extension you suggest I add or an app inside google hangout?

I searched inside of google hangout when live and I see no such plugins offered and when I go inside of chrome and search for extensions I only find a google hangout plugin that I installed but it sends help.

I remind you google hangout works fine and when I go into settings it detects splitcam but when I choose it the screen gets black.

I just created a short video describing the issue: http://screencast.com/t/GCaALFO2

I really hope we can help me fix it cause I need it to record a video through Google hangout

thank you for your time

Eric

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:07 pm

@ leriche,

What is the system spec of your computer your using to run google hangout?

<|==<<<

leriche
User

Post by leriche » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Sorry for the delay just noticed your reply:

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and the latest version of Chrome

Hope this helps

Eric

leriche
User

Post by leriche » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Any suggestions?

leriche
User

Post by leriche » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:18 pm

Alright even though support ceased on this question I finally figured it out, completely by accident... I am posting my solution here for those who might be having the same issue in the future or had the same issue and couldnt figure it out because if they would have they would have helped right?

Anyways, here it is:

I accessed Google hangout whule on a client`s google account by accident and bam! It was working fine! As soon as I logged back in using the correct google account it wasnt working anymore, ie google wasnt picking up the feed eventhough it recognized it was there in the settings options...

So there you have it. not sure exactly why a specific google account is OK and all the others dont work but that`s what it is so what I did is I just logged out of the google account that was working and logged back in with the right credential on the same page and voila, it works fine now...

Hope this helps

Eric

vicul
Forum Moderator

Post by vicul » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:56 am

leriche wrote: So there you have it. not sure exactly why a specific google account is OK and all the others dont work ..
Hi Eric,

I am one of SplitCam team and support this forum. At the moment I am too busy with next copy of SpliCam and cannot be here often.
About your problem, very strange, I do not think that a problem was in an account, there was something another. Perhaps the problem is in their plugin. If you have time, try to do the following tests:

1. In Settings select Broadcast SC Video Filter, this is the second way (after Splitcam Video Driver) for video capture by SpliCam.

2. Try to capture video in youtube:
- http://www.youtube.com/
- press Upload (in top of the page near Search)
- press Record in Create Videos
- go to Settings of Adobe Flash (by right mouse click) and select Splitcam Video Driver or Broadcast SC Video Filter
- translating video by SplitCam.

Please send me answer in Private Message

Regards,
Victor
SplitCam Team

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:40 am

@ leriche,

Firstly - Well done!

Secondly - My apologies for not getting back to you with a reply sooner. I had some other stuff that required my attention.

I have viewed your demo clip of the problem and analyzed it closely.

I think I know what is happening. I will post further details soon! :wink:

<|==<<<

Fortra
Profi User

Post by Fortra » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:24 pm

For All XP USERS,

Microsoft will no longer support XP OS with anymore updates as from April 8th 2014. :mrgreen:

So from that date on words, you'll be all alone.

IT'S THE USER OWN RESPONSIBILITY TO GET THOSE M$ UPDATES BEFORE THEY COME TO AN END, AND STOP PERMANATLY, NO NONSENSE BS, OR EXCUSES ! :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:

<|==<<<